- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- WWE returning to Big Sandy Superstore Arena in 2015
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- Herd Tops King, 90-76
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 22, 2014
Amayo Leaves Men’s Basketball Team
“We were surprised and caught off guard by Kelvin’s timing in deciding to transfer after a little over a week of practice and three games since becoming eligible,” said head coach Tom Herrion. “We wish him the best in the future.”
From Newark, N.J., Amayo had been on the Marshall campus since January of 2012, but as a non-qualifier was not allowed to practice until Dec. 20. He made his collegiate debut at Kentucky on Dec. 22 and also played against Delaware State and at Ohio. Amayo averaged 2.7 points and 9.3 minutes of play over those three games.
“I want to thank Marshall University for giving me a chance,” Amayo said. “I just wanted to be closer to home.”