- Huntington City Attorney States 12 Hours Special Meeting Notice Required; Ethics Commission Web Site Statements Advisory, no Force of State Law
- Honor Flight Takes Off at Tri State Airport Images
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Bunny Bombshell Appears as Valkyrie
- West Virginia Trout Stocking Week of March 9-13, 2015
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- NASCAR: Denny Hamlin holds off Brad Keselowski for Martinsville Sprint Cup win
- OP-ED: Seeking Truth Together: Challenging the Silence Racism Creates
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- Marshall Athletics Announces 2015 Hall of Fame Class
Amayo Leaves Men’s Basketball Team
“We were surprised and caught off guard by Kelvin’s timing in deciding to transfer after a little over a week of practice and three games since becoming eligible,” said head coach Tom Herrion. “We wish him the best in the future.”
From Newark, N.J., Amayo had been on the Marshall campus since January of 2012, but as a non-qualifier was not allowed to practice until Dec. 20. He made his collegiate debut at Kentucky on Dec. 22 and also played against Delaware State and at Ohio. Amayo averaged 2.7 points and 9.3 minutes of play over those three games.
“I want to thank Marshall University for giving me a chance,” Amayo said. “I just wanted to be closer to home.”