- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Waging Peace: Global Adventures of a Lifelong Activist'
Amayo Leaves Men’s Basketball Team
“We were surprised and caught off guard by Kelvin’s timing in deciding to transfer after a little over a week of practice and three games since becoming eligible,” said head coach Tom Herrion. “We wish him the best in the future.”
From Newark, N.J., Amayo had been on the Marshall campus since January of 2012, but as a non-qualifier was not allowed to practice until Dec. 20. He made his collegiate debut at Kentucky on Dec. 22 and also played against Delaware State and at Ohio. Amayo averaged 2.7 points and 9.3 minutes of play over those three games.
“I want to thank Marshall University for giving me a chance,” Amayo said. “I just wanted to be closer to home.”