- UPDATING ... Neither 'Mall Cop' nor 'Unfriended' Will Slow 'Furious 7' Vroom....
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Spaghetti Dinner Will Raise Funds for Firefighter
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Stirring up Stink in Central City IMAGES
Amayo Leaves Men’s Basketball Team
“We were surprised and caught off guard by Kelvin’s timing in deciding to transfer after a little over a week of practice and three games since becoming eligible,” said head coach Tom Herrion. “We wish him the best in the future.”
From Newark, N.J., Amayo had been on the Marshall campus since January of 2012, but as a non-qualifier was not allowed to practice until Dec. 20. He made his collegiate debut at Kentucky on Dec. 22 and also played against Delaware State and at Ohio. Amayo averaged 2.7 points and 9.3 minutes of play over those three games.
“I want to thank Marshall University for giving me a chance,” Amayo said. “I just wanted to be closer to home.”