- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- OP ED COLUMN: Tax Reform Committee Is Covering All Ground
- Yale Law School professor featured speaker as Amicus Curiae series begins at Marshall University
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
United Way accepting Letters of Intent for 2013-2014 funding cycle
Letters of Intent applications are available at www.unitedwayrivercities.org. Letters of Intent are due Feb. 11, 2013. Applicants that meet the required criteria will be invited to submit a full application. Full applications will be submitted online and will be due April 19, 2013.
United Way provides funding for safety net services, as well as programs and projects that create long-term solutions in the focus areas of Health and Wellness, Learning and Earning, Families and Children, and Basic Needs/Unforeseen Hardships.
Any 501(c)(3) non-profit health and human service organization in United Way of the River Cities’ service area of Cabell, Wayne, Lincoln and Mason counties, West Virginia and Lawrence County, Ohio, is eligible to apply for funding.
About United Way:
United Way is focused on the building blocks for a better life – education, income and health. Everyone wins when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable and when people have good health. LIVE UNITEDTM. A credo. A mission. A goal. A constant reminder that when individuals think outside themselves, they have the power to facilitate change. For more information about United Way, contact 304. 523.8929 or visit www.unitedwayrivercities.org.