- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Glimpses of a Global Life': Longest Serving Secretary-General of the Commonwealth Survived a Helicopter Trip with Idi Amin as Pilot
- 2012 Honeywell Accident Sent Radiation to WV
- Detroit Man Sentenced for Role in Huntington Heroin Conspiray
- BREAKING... Officers with K-9 Unit Make Arrest on First Avenue
- Huntington SWAT Team Nails Columbus Man on Drugs, Firearm Charges
- Council Approves Mayor's Office of Drug Control Policy
United Way accepting Letters of Intent for 2013-2014 funding cycle
Letters of Intent applications are available at www.unitedwayrivercities.org. Letters of Intent are due Feb. 11, 2013. Applicants that meet the required criteria will be invited to submit a full application. Full applications will be submitted online and will be due April 19, 2013.
United Way provides funding for safety net services, as well as programs and projects that create long-term solutions in the focus areas of Health and Wellness, Learning and Earning, Families and Children, and Basic Needs/Unforeseen Hardships.
Any 501(c)(3) non-profit health and human service organization in United Way of the River Cities’ service area of Cabell, Wayne, Lincoln and Mason counties, West Virginia and Lawrence County, Ohio, is eligible to apply for funding.
About United Way:
United Way is focused on the building blocks for a better life – education, income and health. Everyone wins when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable and when people have good health. LIVE UNITEDTM. A credo. A mission. A goal. A constant reminder that when individuals think outside themselves, they have the power to facilitate change. For more information about United Way, contact 304. 523.8929 or visit www.unitedwayrivercities.org.