- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Former Huntington Detective, City, Supervisors Sued for Civil Rights Violations, Sexual Abuse
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Walk with the Mayor Begins, Highlawn Next
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
- Huntington City Council to vote on Budget Estimate
- Attorney General Morrisey Partners with Ben Franklin & Carver Career Centers to Battle Drug Epidemic
Herd Begins Conference Play against Southern Miss
The Thundering Herd enters the contest with a 6-7 record after taking a 67-51 loss to Navy in Annapolis, Md. this past Sunday. Erica Woods led Marshall with a season-high 11 points.
Marshall is led by guard Shay Weaver, who totals 10.0 points per game and is second in the league in three-pointers made, averaging 2.5 per game.
Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows Weaver with 8.8 points per game, using a 51.0 percent average from the field for the season. She leads Conference USA in blocked shots with 1.8 per game.
The Golden Eagles are 8-5 this season and on a three-game win streak. Southern Miss is led by Jamierra Faulkner and Tanecka Carey, who both average 17.2 points per game.
Carey is shooting 46.9 percent from the field and 39.5 percent from behind the arc, leading the team in three-pointers made with 34. Faulkner leads Conference USA in assists with 6.2 per game and in steals with 4.6 per game.
The contest marks the 15th meeting between the two programs as Southern Miss holds an 8-6 advantage over Marshall in the all-time series.