- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Bates, Caserta, Council Ask for Gillespie's Resignation
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Boil Water Advisory for Some Salt Rock Customers
- Ciccarelli named Huntington’s next chief of police
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- Rally for Marijuana
- Marshall's Department of Social Work provides job opportunities to students through child welfare program
- CDC and Texas Health Department Confirm First Ebola Case Diagnosed in the U.S.
Herd Begins Conference Play against Southern Miss
The Thundering Herd enters the contest with a 6-7 record after taking a 67-51 loss to Navy in Annapolis, Md. this past Sunday. Erica Woods led Marshall with a season-high 11 points.
Marshall is led by guard Shay Weaver, who totals 10.0 points per game and is second in the league in three-pointers made, averaging 2.5 per game.
Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows Weaver with 8.8 points per game, using a 51.0 percent average from the field for the season. She leads Conference USA in blocked shots with 1.8 per game.
The Golden Eagles are 8-5 this season and on a three-game win streak. Southern Miss is led by Jamierra Faulkner and Tanecka Carey, who both average 17.2 points per game.
Carey is shooting 46.9 percent from the field and 39.5 percent from behind the arc, leading the team in three-pointers made with 34. Faulkner leads Conference USA in assists with 6.2 per game and in steals with 4.6 per game.
The contest marks the 15th meeting between the two programs as Southern Miss holds an 8-6 advantage over Marshall in the all-time series.