- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- Former Morris Occupant Reveals “in the Kitchen You Can See the Sky…”
- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
- Huntington Area Responders Work Together to Contain Blaze in City Landmark
- DEVELOPING: Morris Building Fire Caused Elevator Shaft Collapse
- Chief Eastham Details How Relentless Assistance Prevented Further Fire Damage
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- Grant from Enterprise Holdings Foundation to MU Career Services to fund student internships
- Officer on Leave after Shooting Incident
Herd Begins Conference Play against Southern Miss
The Thundering Herd enters the contest with a 6-7 record after taking a 67-51 loss to Navy in Annapolis, Md. this past Sunday. Erica Woods led Marshall with a season-high 11 points.
Marshall is led by guard Shay Weaver, who totals 10.0 points per game and is second in the league in three-pointers made, averaging 2.5 per game.
Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows Weaver with 8.8 points per game, using a 51.0 percent average from the field for the season. She leads Conference USA in blocked shots with 1.8 per game.
The Golden Eagles are 8-5 this season and on a three-game win streak. Southern Miss is led by Jamierra Faulkner and Tanecka Carey, who both average 17.2 points per game.
Carey is shooting 46.9 percent from the field and 39.5 percent from behind the arc, leading the team in three-pointers made with 34. Faulkner leads Conference USA in assists with 6.2 per game and in steals with 4.6 per game.
The contest marks the 15th meeting between the two programs as Southern Miss holds an 8-6 advantage over Marshall in the all-time series.