- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- No Erosion Issues for Proposed Huntington Development
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Huntington Police Make Weekend Drug, Robbery Arrests
- Development Projects Discussions on Monday Agendas of Council, HMDA
Marshall’s Bogaczyk Named State Sportswriter of the Year
Bogaczyk, who joined the Marshall University Athletics staff and Kindred Communications in mid-May, was voted the honor by in-state media (print and broadcast) who are members of the NSSA. Previously a newspaper sports writer and editor for four decades, Bogaczyk writes “The Word on the Herd” for HerdZone.com, in addition to his Insider editor and column-writing duties.
Bogaczyk’s work on HerdZone.com further enhanced a site that saw an increase of 19 percent in its unique visitors last year. He primarily writes features and columns focusing on Thundering Herd athletics.
“Jack has been a fabulous addition to our efforts in promoting the student-athletes of Marshall University,” said Mike Hamrick, Marshall’s Director of Athletics. “This award is a credit to a very deserving individual.”
The award is Bogaczyk’s third state NSSA honor in the last six years. He also was named state Sportswriter of the Year in 2007 and 2009 as sports editor of the Charleston Daily Mail. Bogaczyk, 62, also has been honored in his writing career by the Football Writers Association of America, the U.S. Basketball Writers Association, the Associated Press Sports Editors and press associations in Virginia and West Virginia.
Keith Morehouse, veteran sports director at WSAZ Television in Huntington, won the 2012 NSSA honor as state Sportscaster of the Year. It is the third (1999, 2007) state Sportscaster of the Year honor for Morehouse, who also is a Herd Insider columnist.