- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
- No Erosion Issues for Proposed Huntington Development
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
William Smith to Continue Serving as Cabell County Schools Superintendent
The contract, which the Board approved at their meeting December 18, 2012, is for a term commencing on July 1, 2013 and ending June 30, 2017. It offers Smith a salary of $130,000 for the first year, with incremental yearly increases resulting in a salary of $138,257 in his fourth year.
“I am honored to be able to continue serving here in Cabell County,” said Mr. Smith. “We have several exciting initiatives on the horizon that I am pleased to be involved in completing.”
As Superintendent, Mr. Smith says he has been working to help cultivate a positive school culture, which he says is at the heart of successful school improvement.
Smith says he believes in "servant leadership", modeling the behaviors, attitudes and beliefs that he expects from staff.
“I have high expectations for all of the district's nearly 13,000 students, and I want to convey a vision of their success to administrators, teachers, staff, parents, community and, most importantly, to the students themselves.”
This is the third, four-year-contract for Mr. Smith as Superintendent. He was originally appointed Interim Superintendent for six months, effective January 1, 2005. His original four-year term as Superintendent began July 1, 2005. Prior to being named Superintendent, Smith started his nearly 40-year career with Cabell County Schools as an English teacher at Huntington High School in 1973. He has also served the district as Supervisor for Gifted Education, Coordinator of Continuing Education, Manager of Professional Personnel, Coordinator of Federal Programs and Technology, and Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction.