- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
- OP ED What Do Americans Think About Economic Inequality?
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- Jewel City Jamming will Continue Next Year
- Firefighters Battle Flames on Johnstown Road
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- Jamming at Jewel City Jamboree
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
Rep. Rahall Statement on Rockefeller's Retirement
“I still remember Jay's first inaugural as Governor. He told us, ‘My name is Rockefeller, but that will not pay our bills.’ He gave us more than his family name. He pledged his heart, mind and strength to us that day. For almost half a century, Senator Rockefeller's service to his state and its families has never wavered from that commitment.
“We have fought many battles together, miners safety, healthcare, countless economic development initiatives and road projects. Through it all, Jay has been tireless in his work and his dedication never as much as flickered.
“When it comes to serving the good people of West Virginia, Jay Rockefeller's true fortune lies in his abiding compassion and heart of gold. His departure from the United States Senate will leave a large hole in our own hearts. As for me, I will mourn the day Jay leaves the Senate.
“Yet, we cannot deny this still young man his due. Sharon and Jay deserve a break in a couple of years, but the final chapter in their productive partnership is far from finished. They will always be our family friends.”//