- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 24, 2014
- Huntington Police Make Drug Arrests
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: China Will Cast a Huge Shadow as Japan Meets CARICOM
- Former Booster Club Treasurer Indicted for Theft
- Huntington Council Votes to Counter Rising Drug Crime by Hiring Ten New Police Officers at Special Session
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Ohio Man Arrested in Connection with 1995 Murders of Wife, Daughter
- FORMER WEST VIRGINIA DHHR EMPLOYEE PLEADS GUILTY TO FRAUD
- Huntington Ready to Regatta
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
Rep. Rahall Statement on Rockefeller's Retirement
“I still remember Jay's first inaugural as Governor. He told us, ‘My name is Rockefeller, but that will not pay our bills.’ He gave us more than his family name. He pledged his heart, mind and strength to us that day. For almost half a century, Senator Rockefeller's service to his state and its families has never wavered from that commitment.
“We have fought many battles together, miners safety, healthcare, countless economic development initiatives and road projects. Through it all, Jay has been tireless in his work and his dedication never as much as flickered.
“When it comes to serving the good people of West Virginia, Jay Rockefeller's true fortune lies in his abiding compassion and heart of gold. His departure from the United States Senate will leave a large hole in our own hearts. As for me, I will mourn the day Jay leaves the Senate.
“Yet, we cannot deny this still young man his due. Sharon and Jay deserve a break in a couple of years, but the final chapter in their productive partnership is far from finished. They will always be our family friends.”//