- Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- Unanimous Special Permit Approved for Gas at $4.5 Million Downtown Sheetz
- Council Affirms Resolution Authorizing Water Quality Board to Enter Nearly $900,000 Dollar Street Cleaning Contract with Columbus Firm
- Artists Series includes 'Breakfast Club' star Molly Ringwald
- UPDATED: "Violent" Man who Escaped from Sixth Avenue Group Home Found at Ritter Park
- CFPB Sues Texas Company for Sham Credit Card; Union Workers Credit Services Also Duped Consumers Into Thinking the Company Was Affiliated With Unions
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Stadium Seats, Power Cords, and Other Product Recalls
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
Rep. Rahall Statement on Rockefeller's Retirement
“I still remember Jay's first inaugural as Governor. He told us, ‘My name is Rockefeller, but that will not pay our bills.’ He gave us more than his family name. He pledged his heart, mind and strength to us that day. For almost half a century, Senator Rockefeller's service to his state and its families has never wavered from that commitment.
“We have fought many battles together, miners safety, healthcare, countless economic development initiatives and road projects. Through it all, Jay has been tireless in his work and his dedication never as much as flickered.
“When it comes to serving the good people of West Virginia, Jay Rockefeller's true fortune lies in his abiding compassion and heart of gold. His departure from the United States Senate will leave a large hole in our own hearts. As for me, I will mourn the day Jay leaves the Senate.
“Yet, we cannot deny this still young man his due. Sharon and Jay deserve a break in a couple of years, but the final chapter in their productive partnership is far from finished. They will always be our family friends.”//