- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Sir Ronald Sanders Awarded Honorary Doctorate by University of The West Indies
- 2014 Furbearer Trapping Seasons to Open Nov. 1
- Coast Guardsman teaches water rescue to Cub Scouts in South Texas
- Skate Park Construction Underway
- "Ouija" Startles, But no Shrieks or Shocks Here
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 24, 2014
- Marshall’s Holliday Named to Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Watch List
- Test Time for Snow Plows
Rep. Rahall Statement on Rockefeller's Retirement
“I still remember Jay's first inaugural as Governor. He told us, ‘My name is Rockefeller, but that will not pay our bills.’ He gave us more than his family name. He pledged his heart, mind and strength to us that day. For almost half a century, Senator Rockefeller's service to his state and its families has never wavered from that commitment.
“We have fought many battles together, miners safety, healthcare, countless economic development initiatives and road projects. Through it all, Jay has been tireless in his work and his dedication never as much as flickered.
“When it comes to serving the good people of West Virginia, Jay Rockefeller's true fortune lies in his abiding compassion and heart of gold. His departure from the United States Senate will leave a large hole in our own hearts. As for me, I will mourn the day Jay leaves the Senate.
“Yet, we cannot deny this still young man his due. Sharon and Jay deserve a break in a couple of years, but the final chapter in their productive partnership is far from finished. They will always be our family friends.”//