- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- "Identical" Faces "Guardians"
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 2, 2014
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
C-USA Unbeatens to Meet Saturday in El Paso
Friday, January 11, 2013 - 19:12 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Both teams enter with a 1-0 Conference USA record as the Thundering Herd, 8-8 overall, is coming off a 79-61 win over Tulsa on Wednesday. The Miners are 7-6 overall, have won six of their past eight games including a 66-57 win at Tulane on Wednesday.
Junior guard DeAndre Kane, a Preseason All-Conference USA First Team member ranks first in the conference and fourth in the NCAA with 7.8 assists per game. He is coming off a 16 point performance against Tulsa including an impressive 6-of-9 from the field and 4-of-6 from three-point range. It was his first start since Dec. 8 against Coppin State.
Junior forward Elijah Pittman, who scored 19 against Tulsa, leads the team in scoring at 14.8 per game, Kane is second at 14.3 and junior guard D.D. Scarver is third at 14.2. Either Pittman or Scarver have led the team in scoring in the last nine games and both have made at least one three-pointer in every game this season.
The Miners are led by sophomore forward Julian Washburn’s 13.5 points per game. Senior guard Konner Tucker averages 12.8 points and scored a team-high 14 in its win on Wednesday.
Marshall is 2-7 all-time against the Miners and 0-3 in El Paso. The Herd won the last meeting 76-60, last season in Huntington. It was the Herd’s C-USA opener which propelled it to start the conference season 4-0.
The game can be heard throughout the Thundering Herd/IMG Radio network. The game can be viewed with a paid subscription to Herd All-Access. Follow the game via gametracker by going to HerdZone.com. Receive scoring updates by following @HerdZone on twitter.