- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- Jewel City Jamming will Continue Next Year
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- OP ED What Do Americans Think About Economic Inequality?
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Firefighters Battle Flames on Johnstown Road
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- Jamming at Jewel City Jamboree
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
Capito, Anderson Meet at Bob Evans
Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 04:34 Updated 2 years ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
Yesterday, Capito met with Anderson at Bob Evans Restaurant in Huntington. “I had my reservations, and we do have differences, but today’s meeting was productive,” Anderson said. “We do agree on things and coal is one of them. She will stand up to Obama and liberal Democrats and defend West Virginia coal.” Conjecturing her position on coal as the strongest among the state’s federal representatives, Anderson also stressed that it is his belief that Ms. Capito “will follow the law and will defend the citizens God given [Second Amendment] rights.” Anderson explained, Congresswoman Capito has assured me she is pro-coal, pro-2nd Amendment and that further cuts to massive government spending is absolutely necessary. I was pleased with her recent "no" vote on tax increases. Capito voted against 650B in tax increases on job creators and 15B in government spending cuts. //