- DuPont withholds crucial information regarding the proposed sale of Washington Works plant
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: St Kitts-Nevis election fiasco: Symptom of a bigger problem
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- People should always be skeptical when evaluating weight-loss products
Capito, Anderson Meet at Bob Evans
Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 04:34 Updated 2 years ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
Yesterday, Capito met with Anderson at Bob Evans Restaurant in Huntington. “I had my reservations, and we do have differences, but today’s meeting was productive,” Anderson said. “We do agree on things and coal is one of them. She will stand up to Obama and liberal Democrats and defend West Virginia coal.” Conjecturing her position on coal as the strongest among the state’s federal representatives, Anderson also stressed that it is his belief that Ms. Capito “will follow the law and will defend the citizens God given [Second Amendment] rights.” Anderson explained, Congresswoman Capito has assured me she is pro-coal, pro-2nd Amendment and that further cuts to massive government spending is absolutely necessary. I was pleased with her recent "no" vote on tax increases. Capito voted against 650B in tax increases on job creators and 15B in government spending cuts. //