- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
- Secretary Tennant Urges West Virginians To Shop Small on Saturday, November 29
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
Capito, Anderson Meet at Bob Evans
Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 04:34 Updated 1 year ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
Yesterday, Capito met with Anderson at Bob Evans Restaurant in Huntington. “I had my reservations, and we do have differences, but today’s meeting was productive,” Anderson said. “We do agree on things and coal is one of them. She will stand up to Obama and liberal Democrats and defend West Virginia coal.” Conjecturing her position on coal as the strongest among the state’s federal representatives, Anderson also stressed that it is his belief that Ms. Capito “will follow the law and will defend the citizens God given [Second Amendment] rights.” Anderson explained, Congresswoman Capito has assured me she is pro-coal, pro-2nd Amendment and that further cuts to massive government spending is absolutely necessary. I was pleased with her recent "no" vote on tax increases. Capito voted against 650B in tax increases on job creators and 15B in government spending cuts. //