- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 8, 2014
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
DEVOTION: Marked by God's Love
"After all the people were baptized, Jesus was baptized. As he was praying, the sky opened up and the Holy Spirit, like a dove descending, came down on him. And along with the Spirit, a voice: “You are my Son, chosen and marked by my love, pride of my life.”
O God, we want so much to fulfill our destiny... to become what you created us to be... to know and understand the meaning of life... to make a difference in the world around us... to live abundantly... laugh with passionate joy... and be marked by your unconditional love in all that we do. Too many times we feel like a failure and wonder how in the world you continue to call us "beloved". Like Jesus, we want the dove to descend upon us... to fill us up... to use us and to enable us to touch one another in love. Thank you for each day you give us. You are so patient and always forget yesterday and start new with every dawn assuring us of your constant presence. How can we say thanks for the forgiveness we have no matter how many times we head the wrong direction or choose another path or even just say "no" to your grace and peace. We don't deserve such love but how could we keep on going without your unconditional grace and peace. Just as John the Baptist felt, we are unworthy to untie your sandals yet you tell us ... just like you whispered to Jesus... "You are my beloved." How amazing to know that we are marked by GOD'S LOVE!//