- Cruzin' Car Show on Third Avenue this Weekend
- EDITORIAL: IRS Scandal Shows Damage Done by Biased National Press
- Marine Corps officers are first African Americans to earn M.A.degrees in leadership studies at Marshall while on active duty
- Huntington Car Show This Weekend
- NOVA Calls for End of "American Centrifuge" Hoax
- MILiTARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for May 22, 2013
- Yeager Scholars Chosen
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns Across the Border': Firsthand Account of Gunrunning Operations in Bush, Obama Administrations
- Weekend Happenings in Downtown Huntington
- OP-ED: Legacies of Empire: the Good, the bad and the ugly
MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Jan. 15, 2013
DEFENSE LOGISTICS AGENCY
Intercomp Co.*, Medina, Minn., was issued a modification exercising the third option year on contract (SPM8EF-10-D-0001/P00005). The modification is a firm-fixed-price, sole-source, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity type contract with a maximum $60,000,000 for procurement of material handling scales. Location of performance is Minnesota, with a Feb. 15, 2015 performance completion date. Using military services are Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps. There was one solicitation with one response. Type of appropriation is fiscal 2012 through fiscal 2013 Defense Working Capital funds. The contracting activity is the Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support, Philadelphia, Pa.
Critical Solutions International*, Carrollton, Texas, was awarded contract (SPRDL1-13-C-0053). The award is a firm-fixed-price, sole-source contract with a maximum $7,156,065 for Husky route clearance vehicles. Location of performance is in Texas and South Africa with a July 30, 2013 performance completion date. Using military service is Army. There was one solicitation with one response. Type of appropriation is fiscal 2013 Army Working Capital funds. The contracting activity is the Defense Logistics Agency Land, Warren, Mich.
Electric Boat Corp., Groton, Conn., is being awarded a $51,687,173 cost-plus-fixed-fee modification to previously awarded fixed-price-incentive contract (N00024-03-C-2101) for the planning and execution of the USS Mississippi (SSN 782) post shakedown availability (PSA). Electric Boat Corp., will perform planning and execution efforts, including long lead time material procurement, in preparation to accomplish the maintenance, repair, alterations, testing, and other work on SSN 782 during its scheduled PSA. Work will be performed in Groton, Conn., (99 percent) and Quonset Point, R.I., (1 percent) and is expected to be completed by December 2013. Funding in the amount of $51,687,173 will be obligated at time of award. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. Supervisor of Shipbuilding Conversion and Repair, Groton, Conn., is the contracting activity.