- COLUMN: Ironton Native Describes Hollywood Bubble
- Marshall Women’s Studies to present ‘Body Shots’ March 3
- Mukherjee appointed dean of Lewis College of Business
- Affrilachian Poet Crystal Good Next on City Hall Lecture Series
- Flashback Series Continues at Marquee
- Film Submissions Open for NYC Horror Fest
- Huntington's McElroy Brothers Celebrate Series Debut
- Detroit man sentenced to 10 years; Huntington drug dealer sentenced to over three years
- Drug Distributors Penalized For Turning Blind Eye In Opioid Epidemic
- DEVOTION: Fat Tuesday
Marshall to Host East Carolina Saturday at 7 p.m.
The Thundering Herd (8-9, 1-1 C-USA) and the Pirates (11-5, 2-0 C-USA) will meet for the 19th time as Marshall leads the all-time series 12-6.
The Herd is enjoying another impressive season at home with a 7-1 record inside the Cam Henderson Center. Thanks to a 79-61 win over Tulsa in its C-USA home opener, Marshall is 1-0 in conference games this season and boasts a 37-19 record in its eight season history with C-USA.
The Herd’s last game was a 74-63 loss at UTEP last Saturday. The Pirates have a shorter turnaround as they are coming off an 89-78 win over Houston on Wednesday, its second-straight win.
Marshall is led in scoring by junior forward Elijah Pittman who ranks ninth in C-USA with 14.5 points per game. He is just ahead of junior DeAndre Kane (14.1 ppg) and junior D.D. Scarver (14.0 ppg) in scoring.
Kane’s 7.6 assists per game ranks fifth in the NCAA. He will go up against ECU senior guard Miguel Paul, who ranks second in the conference with 5.7 assists per game.
The Pirates lead C-USA with 78.8 points per game, a mark paced by senior forward Maurice Kemp who averages a conference-best 18.3 points per game while also leading the team in rebounding with 8.4 boards per game.
The game can be heard on the radio throughout the Thundering Herd IMG Sports Network. It can be viewed and herd online with a paid subscription to Herd All-Access. Gametracker can be accessed through HerdZone.com. Follow @HerdZone on twitter for scoring updates in every game throughout the season.