- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 25, 2015
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
Marshall to Host East Carolina Saturday at 7 p.m.
The Thundering Herd (8-9, 1-1 C-USA) and the Pirates (11-5, 2-0 C-USA) will meet for the 19th time as Marshall leads the all-time series 12-6.
The Herd is enjoying another impressive season at home with a 7-1 record inside the Cam Henderson Center. Thanks to a 79-61 win over Tulsa in its C-USA home opener, Marshall is 1-0 in conference games this season and boasts a 37-19 record in its eight season history with C-USA.
The Herd’s last game was a 74-63 loss at UTEP last Saturday. The Pirates have a shorter turnaround as they are coming off an 89-78 win over Houston on Wednesday, its second-straight win.
Marshall is led in scoring by junior forward Elijah Pittman who ranks ninth in C-USA with 14.5 points per game. He is just ahead of junior DeAndre Kane (14.1 ppg) and junior D.D. Scarver (14.0 ppg) in scoring.
Kane’s 7.6 assists per game ranks fifth in the NCAA. He will go up against ECU senior guard Miguel Paul, who ranks second in the conference with 5.7 assists per game.
The Pirates lead C-USA with 78.8 points per game, a mark paced by senior forward Maurice Kemp who averages a conference-best 18.3 points per game while also leading the team in rebounding with 8.4 boards per game.
The game can be heard on the radio throughout the Thundering Herd IMG Sports Network. It can be viewed and herd online with a paid subscription to Herd All-Access. Gametracker can be accessed through HerdZone.com. Follow @HerdZone on twitter for scoring updates in every game throughout the season.