- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- SuperTalk 94.1 FM & AM 930 Joins Cavaliers Radio Network
- Potential Upscale Hotel Approved for Kinetic Park
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- Finalists for Huntington police chief announced
Marshall Faces Houston on Sunday
Marshall is 6-10 (0-3 C-USA) after losing to Tulsa on Thursday in the Donald W. Reynolds Center. Three Thundering Herd players earned double-digit point totals. Shay Weaver posted a team-high 12 points, while Suporia Dickens netted 11 and Chukwuka Ezeigbo totaled 10 points.
Weaver leads Marshall with 10.8 points per game and is the league leader in three-pointers made per contest with 2.7. She has a conference-high 43 made three-pointers this season. Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows with 8.6 points per game and leads the team on the boards with 6.2 rebounds per game.
Houston is 7-8 (1-1 C-USA) for the season and has yet to win on the road, tallying a 0-6 record in away games. The Cougars are coming off a 54-46 loss to UAB on the road this past Sunday. Porsche Landry is one of the Cougars best offensive weapons, averaging 17.3 points per game. She is third in C-USA in scoring. Yasmee Thomspon leads Houston with 9.6 rebounds per game and is nearly averaging a double-double with 8.7 points per contest.
Marshall leads the all-time series 5-3 and has won the past three meetings. Last year, the Herd knocked off the Cougars 65-41 in Houston, Texas. The Cougars have one win in Cam Henderson Center, dating back to the 2008-09 season.//