- Carol Polan Likely Replacement Candidate for Husband
- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Huntington Council Hears First Reading on Planned Duplex
- Nonprofit Organization Opens Applications and Nominations to Take Children with Chronic and Terminal Illnesses and Their Families to Walt Disney World
- State Film Office to Host Workforce Training Master Class June 25-26
- Jamboree Returns to Huntington's Riverfront
- Huntington Police Nab Two for Possession of Controlled Substance
- Gift from Laboratory Corporation of America benefits College of Health Professions
Marshall Faces Houston on Sunday
Marshall is 6-10 (0-3 C-USA) after losing to Tulsa on Thursday in the Donald W. Reynolds Center. Three Thundering Herd players earned double-digit point totals. Shay Weaver posted a team-high 12 points, while Suporia Dickens netted 11 and Chukwuka Ezeigbo totaled 10 points.
Weaver leads Marshall with 10.8 points per game and is the league leader in three-pointers made per contest with 2.7. She has a conference-high 43 made three-pointers this season. Chukwuka Ezeigbo follows with 8.6 points per game and leads the team on the boards with 6.2 rebounds per game.
Houston is 7-8 (1-1 C-USA) for the season and has yet to win on the road, tallying a 0-6 record in away games. The Cougars are coming off a 54-46 loss to UAB on the road this past Sunday. Porsche Landry is one of the Cougars best offensive weapons, averaging 17.3 points per game. She is third in C-USA in scoring. Yasmee Thomspon leads Houston with 9.6 rebounds per game and is nearly averaging a double-double with 8.7 points per contest.
Marshall leads the all-time series 5-3 and has won the past three meetings. Last year, the Herd knocked off the Cougars 65-41 in Houston, Texas. The Cougars have one win in Cam Henderson Center, dating back to the 2008-09 season.//