- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for May 23, 2013
- Arts Center Alum John Wolfe Performs Saturday Night at the Joan
- Council Removes Occupation Tax from Home Rule, Substitutes On the Spot Citations
- WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
- Cruzin' Car Show on Third Avenue this Weekend
- OP-ED: Legacies of Empire: the Good, the bad and the ugly
- NOVA Calls for End of "American Centrifuge" Hoax
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Obsessed': TV Journalist Mika Brzezinski Reveals Her Secret Eating Disorder
- CENSUS BUREAU: Texas Cities Lead Nation in Population Growth
- MILiTARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for May 22, 2013
Notes from The Legislature
W.Va. Senate President Jeff Kessler (who championed and sponsored the creation of the WV Supreme Court of Appeals Public Financing Pilot Program in 2010) will be Keynote Speaker at the Clean Elections Public Forum on January 29th at the Gaston Caperton Center in Clarksburg, WV. from 5-8 p.m. The center is located at 501 W. Main Street, Room 148. There is no charge.
Co-sponsors for the event are: North Central WV Democracy for America in conjunction with Citizen Action Group WV and the Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition.
Wayne Worth, one of the event sponsors stated, "This event will highlight an opportunity that West Virginia has in providing a needed balance to our political process, and fairness in our elections. This opportunity is the Public Financing of Campaigns, where ordinary citizens have a greater voice in the political process, both as candidates and contributors."//