- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
Notes from The Legislature
W.Va. Senate President Jeff Kessler (who championed and sponsored the creation of the WV Supreme Court of Appeals Public Financing Pilot Program in 2010) will be Keynote Speaker at the Clean Elections Public Forum on January 29th at the Gaston Caperton Center in Clarksburg, WV. from 5-8 p.m. The center is located at 501 W. Main Street, Room 148. There is no charge.
Co-sponsors for the event are: North Central WV Democracy for America in conjunction with Citizen Action Group WV and the Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition.
Wayne Worth, one of the event sponsors stated, "This event will highlight an opportunity that West Virginia has in providing a needed balance to our political process, and fairness in our elections. This opportunity is the Public Financing of Campaigns, where ordinary citizens have a greater voice in the political process, both as candidates and contributors."//