- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Ethel Merman, Mother Teresa…and Me': Enthralling Memoir of a Privileged Man Who Was Fortunate to be Enveloped by Unconditional Love
- EDITORIAL: Former Marshall Student Body President Embodies West Virginia Political Shift in State Senate Race
- Twenty-Two Face Heroin Charges in Circleville, Pickaway County Drug Investigations
- BOOK REVIEW: 'White Girl Bleed a Lot': Color Blindness in Crime Reporting Misleads Everybody
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 5, 2014
- CFPB Recovers More Than $1 Million for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- Foster Care Awareness subject of event March 12
- MiLITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 6, 2014
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
Notes from The Legislature
W.Va. Senate President Jeff Kessler (who championed and sponsored the creation of the WV Supreme Court of Appeals Public Financing Pilot Program in 2010) will be Keynote Speaker at the Clean Elections Public Forum on January 29th at the Gaston Caperton Center in Clarksburg, WV. from 5-8 p.m. The center is located at 501 W. Main Street, Room 148. There is no charge.
Co-sponsors for the event are: North Central WV Democracy for America in conjunction with Citizen Action Group WV and the Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition.
Wayne Worth, one of the event sponsors stated, "This event will highlight an opportunity that West Virginia has in providing a needed balance to our political process, and fairness in our elections. This opportunity is the Public Financing of Campaigns, where ordinary citizens have a greater voice in the political process, both as candidates and contributors."//