- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- Will Smith, Cara Delevingne Cast as Super Villains in "Suicide Squad"
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- UPDATED: Officials Speak of Marshall's Growth During President Kopp's Tenure
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- BOOK REVIEW: 'California Dreaming: Boosterism, Memory, and Rural Suburbs in the Golden State': Detailed Look at Three 'Agriburbs' in Sacramento, Los Angeles Areas
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
Notes from The Legislature
W.Va. Senate President Jeff Kessler (who championed and sponsored the creation of the WV Supreme Court of Appeals Public Financing Pilot Program in 2010) will be Keynote Speaker at the Clean Elections Public Forum on January 29th at the Gaston Caperton Center in Clarksburg, WV. from 5-8 p.m. The center is located at 501 W. Main Street, Room 148. There is no charge.
Co-sponsors for the event are: North Central WV Democracy for America in conjunction with Citizen Action Group WV and the Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition.
Wayne Worth, one of the event sponsors stated, "This event will highlight an opportunity that West Virginia has in providing a needed balance to our political process, and fairness in our elections. This opportunity is the Public Financing of Campaigns, where ordinary citizens have a greater voice in the political process, both as candidates and contributors."//