- 432 People Surrender During Four-Day Ohio Fugitive Safe Surrender Event, Clearing 369 Warrants
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Facebook users help WV Natural Resources Police solve albino deer killing case in Boone County
- Mermaid visits Huntington
- ANALYSIS: Increase in Effect; Public Asked, 'When was Last Time You Lived on Minimum Wage?'
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 16, 2014
- St. Joe Ties Scott in Soccer
- Attorney General DeWine Offers Tips for T-Mobile Consumers Affected by Experian Breach
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- Police Search for Speedway Robbery Suspect
Local Auditions Jan 25 for Jenny Wiley Musical Theater
Footlights Theatre Camps' productions of Disney's The Jungle Book and Seussical the Musical, Jr are both part of the camp program and all participants will perform. However, we do recommend auditioning in January if you plan to participate in those camps.
Please note: ALL YOUTH/TEEN COMPANY ACTING POSITIONS ARE ON AN UNPAID/VOLUNTEER BASIS.
Local and regional adult actors are encouraged to audition for a broad range of roles. Opportunities exist for both full season and individual show contracts.
JWT's 49th season, begins June 1.
JWT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FINAL CASTING DECISIONS FOR 2013 SUMMER SEASON WILL BE MADE BY MARCH 15, 2013
What to expect at local auditions
PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING:
- a brief musical selection, preferably a music theatre selection appropriate for your age/type and for the 2013 JWT season of shows
- a short monologue appropriate for your age/type and for the 2013 JWT season of shows
- total audition time for both song and monologue should not exceed 90 seconds.
- sheet music for your musical selection; a pianist will be provided. Taped accompaniment is not acceptable and will not be allowed. A cappella singing is discouraged, but will be accepted. However, each performer will be asked to sing with piano to demonstrate ability to match pitch.
- a headshot/resume
- comfortable alternate clothing (if asked to learn a basic dance combination to demonstrate movement skills)
- arrive early (auditions are on a first-come, first-served basis)
- attend JWT’s Professional Audition Workshop (for more information, email email@example.com or call JWT at 606-886-9274)
- dress professionally or "up casual"
NEW YORK CITY
Jenny Wiley Theatre (Prestonsburg, KY), a 580-seat amphitheatre located in a state resort park, is casting its 2013 season. Season includes: Church Basement Ladies, The Sound of Music, Oklahoma, The Legend of Jenny Wiley and Miracle on 34th Street. During the summer, Jenny Wiley Theatre produces large-scale musicals in rotating repertory. Rehearses and performs June 1 - Aug. 10 in Prestonsburg, KY. Opportunities exist for both full season and individual show contracts.
Seeking—Performers: male and female, all ethnicities, versatile, dynamic, for all lead, featured, supporting, and ensemble roles; Note:
Auditions will be held Tuesday Jan. 29, 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (open call) at Pearl Studios, 500 Eighth Ave. (at 35th St.), NYC. Callbacks Jan. 30 & 31 BY APPOINTMENT BASED ON OPEN CALL AUDITION - time TBD. Please prepare 16 bars from standard musical theatre repertoire that is appropriate for the shows in JWT’s season and best demonstrates your vocal range. An accompanist will be provided; no transpositions, lead sheets, taped accompaniment, or a cappella auditions. For more info/to submit materials, email Scott Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.jwtheatre.com; no phone calls. $300-$450/wk. (depending on roles/tracks in rep), plus housing provided; security deposit required for housing.
UPTA February 8-11, 2013
JWT will be collecting headshots and resumes at the United Professional Theatre Auditions in Memphis. However, we will not be in attendance.
For more info, please visit UPTA’s wesite: www.upta.org
SETC March 7-9, 2013
JWT will attend the South Eastern Theatre Conference in Louisville, KY.
For more info, please visit SETC's wesite: http://www.setc.org
JWT is currently accepting Non-Equity performer headshot/resume submissions. Online submissions (preferred) can be made to:
Scott F. Bradley, Casting Director
P/R Submissions can be sent via US Mail to:
Jenny Wiley Theatre
PO Box 22
YouTube auditions are acceptable in some cases, but please make every effort to attend one of the listed auditions.
JWT 2013 CASTING CREW
MARTIN CHILDERS - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SCOTT F. BRADLEY - CASTING DIRECTOR
MORGAN ROSE - NYC AUDITION CHOREOGRAPHER
TBA- LOCAL AUDITION CHOREOGRAPHER
TBA - MUSICAL DIRECTOR