- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- Huntington Has At Least Nine Heroin Overdose Deaths in January 2015
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- How Will a Good Ole' Boy Hollywood Treat Female 'Pleasures' in "Fifty Shades of Grey?'
- SPORTS OP-ED: International sport has reached a tipping point it can no longer ignore
Douglass Centre Holding Open House Jan. 27
The Douglass Centre was formerly Douglass Junior-Senior High School. The building had been empty for several years. In partnership with the City of Huntington Ebenezer Medical Outreach, Inc.(EMO) renovated the building to house Ebenezer and other agencies. At the opening in January 2003 EMO was comprised of the medical clinic, pharmacy, outreach programs and administrative office.
Since its opening, Ebenezer has added a dental clinic to the programs offered in the centre. Current tenants include KISRA, Kanawha Institute for Social Research and Action, Inc. which offers a fatherhood and ex-offender programs. Also housed in the Douglass Centre is REACH which stands for Residential Placement, Early Intervention, Aftercare Services, Creation of Vouchers, Housing Development.
It is a one-stop-shop that connects individuals and families suffering with addictions to treatment and recovery resources. SCRATCH is another program located in the Douglass Centre. It is a program of West Virginia State University Extension Service committed to ensuring that children experience the pleasures and rewards of growing, harvesting, eating and even selling their own healthy foods.
There are currently several office spaces for lease. Come see the space for yourself and help us celebrate 10 years of service to the community.//