- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- Ciccarelli named Huntington’s next chief of police
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Marshall's Department of Social Work provides job opportunities to students through child welfare program
- Bates, Caserta, Council Ask for Gillespie's Resignation
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- Multi-million dollar federal grant renewed for Marshall researchers and statewide collaborators
- Huntington Receives Department of Justice Crime Fighting Grant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 24, 2014
Douglass Centre Holding Open House Jan. 27
The Douglass Centre was formerly Douglass Junior-Senior High School. The building had been empty for several years. In partnership with the City of Huntington Ebenezer Medical Outreach, Inc.(EMO) renovated the building to house Ebenezer and other agencies. At the opening in January 2003 EMO was comprised of the medical clinic, pharmacy, outreach programs and administrative office.
Since its opening, Ebenezer has added a dental clinic to the programs offered in the centre. Current tenants include KISRA, Kanawha Institute for Social Research and Action, Inc. which offers a fatherhood and ex-offender programs. Also housed in the Douglass Centre is REACH which stands for Residential Placement, Early Intervention, Aftercare Services, Creation of Vouchers, Housing Development.
It is a one-stop-shop that connects individuals and families suffering with addictions to treatment and recovery resources. SCRATCH is another program located in the Douglass Centre. It is a program of West Virginia State University Extension Service committed to ensuring that children experience the pleasures and rewards of growing, harvesting, eating and even selling their own healthy foods.
There are currently several office spaces for lease. Come see the space for yourself and help us celebrate 10 years of service to the community.//