- Q and A with Mayor Steve Williams: Audits ALWAYS have Findings....
- Q and A with Councilman Caserta: Mayor Needs to be Held Accountable, Independent Audit Necessary
- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- Donations Needed for Guyandotte Christmas Open House Planned Dec. 23
- UPDATED...State Auditor Citied Lack of Adequate Policies, Controls for Some Huntington Financial Materials, 2013 and 2014
- Complaint alleges Stockert-Sizemore Funeral Home violated the West Virginia Preneed Act and state Consumer Credit and Protection Act.
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- Bid Specifics Revealed in Huntington Street Sweeping Program
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
Douglass Centre Holding Open House Jan. 27
The Douglass Centre was formerly Douglass Junior-Senior High School. The building had been empty for several years. In partnership with the City of Huntington Ebenezer Medical Outreach, Inc.(EMO) renovated the building to house Ebenezer and other agencies. At the opening in January 2003 EMO was comprised of the medical clinic, pharmacy, outreach programs and administrative office.
Since its opening, Ebenezer has added a dental clinic to the programs offered in the centre. Current tenants include KISRA, Kanawha Institute for Social Research and Action, Inc. which offers a fatherhood and ex-offender programs. Also housed in the Douglass Centre is REACH which stands for Residential Placement, Early Intervention, Aftercare Services, Creation of Vouchers, Housing Development.
It is a one-stop-shop that connects individuals and families suffering with addictions to treatment and recovery resources. SCRATCH is another program located in the Douglass Centre. It is a program of West Virginia State University Extension Service committed to ensuring that children experience the pleasures and rewards of growing, harvesting, eating and even selling their own healthy foods.
There are currently several office spaces for lease. Come see the space for yourself and help us celebrate 10 years of service to the community.//