- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Former Employees Testified Radiation Hazards Near former Huntington Nuclear Weapons Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 21, 2014
- Huntington Gets Ready to Regatta
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- Huntington’s Council Charter Committee Adds Recommendation to Lengthen Executive Search Time from 60 to 120 Days
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- MOUNTAINEER CHALLENGE ACADEMY: Free Military School Better Option Than Dropping Out
- Marshall medical students provide treatment to more than a thousand Hondurans during international mission
Douglass Centre Holding Open House Jan. 27
The Douglass Centre was formerly Douglass Junior-Senior High School. The building had been empty for several years. In partnership with the City of Huntington Ebenezer Medical Outreach, Inc.(EMO) renovated the building to house Ebenezer and other agencies. At the opening in January 2003 EMO was comprised of the medical clinic, pharmacy, outreach programs and administrative office.
Since its opening, Ebenezer has added a dental clinic to the programs offered in the centre. Current tenants include KISRA, Kanawha Institute for Social Research and Action, Inc. which offers a fatherhood and ex-offender programs. Also housed in the Douglass Centre is REACH which stands for Residential Placement, Early Intervention, Aftercare Services, Creation of Vouchers, Housing Development.
It is a one-stop-shop that connects individuals and families suffering with addictions to treatment and recovery resources. SCRATCH is another program located in the Douglass Centre. It is a program of West Virginia State University Extension Service committed to ensuring that children experience the pleasures and rewards of growing, harvesting, eating and even selling their own healthy foods.
There are currently several office spaces for lease. Come see the space for yourself and help us celebrate 10 years of service to the community.//