- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Wild Life Invading Fukushima from Radioactive Forest
- Marshall University researchers receive U.S. patent to treat one of world’s major health issues
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Creating a Better Connection Between Huntington and Downtown
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Teams Distribute Food, Shoes, Supplies to Afflicted on World Leprosy Day
- Mayor Williams Asks Rader be Appointed Fire Chief
- Spring International Film Festival at Keith Albee Performing Arts Center - March 2-5
Douglass Centre Holding Open House Jan. 27
The Douglass Centre was formerly Douglass Junior-Senior High School. The building had been empty for several years. In partnership with the City of Huntington Ebenezer Medical Outreach, Inc.(EMO) renovated the building to house Ebenezer and other agencies. At the opening in January 2003 EMO was comprised of the medical clinic, pharmacy, outreach programs and administrative office.
Since its opening, Ebenezer has added a dental clinic to the programs offered in the centre. Current tenants include KISRA, Kanawha Institute for Social Research and Action, Inc. which offers a fatherhood and ex-offender programs. Also housed in the Douglass Centre is REACH which stands for Residential Placement, Early Intervention, Aftercare Services, Creation of Vouchers, Housing Development.
It is a one-stop-shop that connects individuals and families suffering with addictions to treatment and recovery resources. SCRATCH is another program located in the Douglass Centre. It is a program of West Virginia State University Extension Service committed to ensuring that children experience the pleasures and rewards of growing, harvesting, eating and even selling their own healthy foods.
There are currently several office spaces for lease. Come see the space for yourself and help us celebrate 10 years of service to the community.//