- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Record Numbers of Female Vets Strain System
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Plan to Reduce Opioid Painkiller Use Gains National & State Support
- Cabell County man sentenced to over four years in federal prison for possessing child pornography
- COLUMN: Hobet Project Holds Vast Promise for West Virginians
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
- Charleston man sentenced to federal prison for heroin crime
Animal Shelter Director Hurried Euthanasia Dose to Make Trash Run
“Sometimes we have to euthanize before the trash runs in the morning and on this particular day, I rushed the process and missed the heartbeat and respiration on a puppy," Cumm said in the response to a complaint filed against him by former volunteer Beverly O’Dell.
O’Dell filed the complaint with the West Virginia Board of Veterinary Medicine from whom he received certification as an animal euthanasia technician. Normally, the state website lists those certified and renewed; however, as of January 24, the information is unavailable at the site.
She said the answer included statements by employees supporting the director.
In addition, based on photos taken January 20, 2012, the outdoor kennel roof has not been completed, despite the first severe chill of the winter.//