- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
- Huntington Area Responders Work Together to Contain Blaze in City Landmark
- NASCAR: Jeff Gordon wins record fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Indy
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Lucky Us': Amy Bloom Hits a Home Run with a Funny Novel of Life in 1940's America -- With a Peek at Post-War Britain
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- OP-ED: Some Thoughts on Provocation
- DEVELOPING: Morris Building Fire Caused Elevator Shaft Collapse
Animal Shelter Director Hurried Euthanasia Dose to Make Trash Run
“Sometimes we have to euthanize before the trash runs in the morning and on this particular day, I rushed the process and missed the heartbeat and respiration on a puppy," Cumm said in the response to a complaint filed against him by former volunteer Beverly O’Dell.
O’Dell filed the complaint with the West Virginia Board of Veterinary Medicine from whom he received certification as an animal euthanasia technician. Normally, the state website lists those certified and renewed; however, as of January 24, the information is unavailable at the site.
She said the answer included statements by employees supporting the director.
In addition, based on photos taken January 20, 2012, the outdoor kennel roof has not been completed, despite the first severe chill of the winter.//