- OP-ED: The $7 Million University President
- Ohio Man Indicted in Scam Targeting Car Dealerships
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- Music professors to perform on historical instruments during free performance
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 12, 2014
- Political Satire: Portsmouth Considering Marting Building for City Offices ... Again
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Find New Lows for 2014
- Prestera Center to observe Overdose Prevention Awareness Day
- Restructuring Cited for Public Works Director Dismissal
Animal Shelter Director Hurried Euthanasia Dose to Make Trash Run
“Sometimes we have to euthanize before the trash runs in the morning and on this particular day, I rushed the process and missed the heartbeat and respiration on a puppy," Cumm said in the response to a complaint filed against him by former volunteer Beverly O’Dell.
O’Dell filed the complaint with the West Virginia Board of Veterinary Medicine from whom he received certification as an animal euthanasia technician. Normally, the state website lists those certified and renewed; however, as of January 24, the information is unavailable at the site.
She said the answer included statements by employees supporting the director.
In addition, based on photos taken January 20, 2012, the outdoor kennel roof has not been completed, despite the first severe chill of the winter.//