- NAHB: Study Shows Substantial Regional Differences in New Single-Family Houses
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- Attorney General DeWine Warns Consumers to Avoid Online Romance Scams
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
- Musical theatre talents from the Greenbrier to visit Marshall music and theatre students
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- Detroit Man Arrested Again for Drug Charges after Returning to Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 17, 2014
- Cato Breaks Record, No. 25 @HerdFB Cruises Past FIU 45-13
- Rahall Supports Travel Ban to Ebola Impacted Countries
Animal Shelter Director Hurried Euthanasia Dose to Make Trash Run
“Sometimes we have to euthanize before the trash runs in the morning and on this particular day, I rushed the process and missed the heartbeat and respiration on a puppy," Cumm said in the response to a complaint filed against him by former volunteer Beverly O’Dell.
O’Dell filed the complaint with the West Virginia Board of Veterinary Medicine from whom he received certification as an animal euthanasia technician. Normally, the state website lists those certified and renewed; however, as of January 24, the information is unavailable at the site.
She said the answer included statements by employees supporting the director.
In addition, based on photos taken January 20, 2012, the outdoor kennel roof has not been completed, despite the first severe chill of the winter.//