- Easter Egg Hunts Scheduled
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Two W.Va. manufacturers selected as finalists in Shale Innovation contest
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Risk Advantage': Sports and Auto Racing Examples Can Help Entrepreneurs Succeed
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- CONSUMER ALERT: Jury Duty Phishing Scam; Verified by Snopes
- Sen. Manchin Introduces Bill to Keep 150 WV Post Offices Open for Two Years
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- DEVELOPING: New Documents from NRC/DOE on Huntington Pilot Plant
Animal Shelter Director Hurried Euthanasia Dose to Make Trash Run
“Sometimes we have to euthanize before the trash runs in the morning and on this particular day, I rushed the process and missed the heartbeat and respiration on a puppy," Cumm said in the response to a complaint filed against him by former volunteer Beverly O’Dell.
O’Dell filed the complaint with the West Virginia Board of Veterinary Medicine from whom he received certification as an animal euthanasia technician. Normally, the state website lists those certified and renewed; however, as of January 24, the information is unavailable at the site.
She said the answer included statements by employees supporting the director.
In addition, based on photos taken January 20, 2012, the outdoor kennel roof has not been completed, despite the first severe chill of the winter.//