- EMail Sent to Council by Caserta
- Huntington Council Votes to Remove Chairman
- RAW TRANSCRIPT: Former Chairman Received Conflicting Attorney Advice on Pay Out Authority
- Help Feed Those in Need
- Huntington City Attorney Salaries Went Up after Long Time Counsel Resigned
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
- Holiday Garbage Pick Up Schedule Announced
- National Geographic to Debut Mostly WV Filmed "American Genius"
- April Rotary Park Hike Scheduled
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
Cabell Teacher Receives National Cash Award of $25,000
Friday, January 25, 2013 - 08:47 Updated 2 years ago From Press Release
Based on guidelines established by the MFF, the department of education in each participating state appoints an independent blue ribbon committee to recommend candidates. There is no formal nomination or application process for the award. According to the MFF, the criteria for the selection of outstanding elementary and secondary school teachers, principals, and other education professionals as Milken Educators include the following:
• Exceptional educational talent as evidenced by effective instructional practices and student learning results in the classroom and school;
• Exemplary educational accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the profession;
• Individuals whose contributions to education are largely unheralded yet worthy of the spotlight;
• Early- to mid- career educators who offer strong long range potential for professional and policy leadership, and;
• Engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues, and the community.
Mrs. Stead is part of elite group, with only a maximum of 40 educators nationwide receiving the award during the 2012-2013 school year. She is the only recipient in the state of West Virginia this year.
The Milken Educator Award was established by MFF in 1985. Since its inception, more than 2,500 educators have received the honor, with a total of more than $63 million awarded to recipients. For more information about the Milken Educator Awards, visit www.mff.org. //