- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- IMAGES: Marshall Arts Center Dedication
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- Cpl. Goheen Retires from Huntington Police Department
- Huntington mayor, Supreme Court justices entered in quoits tournament
- REALTORS: Existing-Home Sales Lose Momentum in August as Investor Activity Declines
- UPDATED: Dueling Drug Gangsters Hack Their Fates Through Thrilling "Tombstone"
- Reporter Threatened with Arrest for Obstruction for Attempting to Intervene in Teen's NRA T-Shirt Case
- Huntington Council Announces Agenda
- Unitarian Fellowship of Huntington to Hold Their 1st Annual Community Days!
Eclectic Art Exhibition Opens Next Week at Birke Gallery
An opening reception will take place at 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28, and award winners will be recognized at 5:30 p.m. John Farley, a Marshall alumnus and the gallery's director, emphasized the eclectic nature of the show and stressed the benefits to students.
"As in years past, I expect a dynamic display that represents the breadth of disciplines our students are engaged in," Farley said. "Over the last 27 years, this exhibit has blossomed into a highly successful and rewarding juried contest, with a little something for everyone. For viewers, it will be a treat. For students, it is a great opportunity for their hard work to be recognized and celebrated."The jurors for this year's competition were Benjy Davies and Kathleen Kneafsey.
Davies is a professor of graphic design and printmaking and the chair of the School of Fine Arts at the University of Rio Grande in Ohio. Kneafsey is a clay artist and educator, and has served as the Huntington Museum of Art's artist in residence since 2000.This exhibition runs through Friday, Feb. 15.The Birke Art Gallery is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. on Mondays.//