- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- Day Four: Johnson Returns To Head Table After Two-Year Absence
- Ellen Wilson First Spouse Gold Coin Available December 9
- UPDATED LINKS: Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson Celebrates Sixth Title With Eye On A Seventh
- Day Three: Stewart Receives 2013 NMPA Myers Brothers Award
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- WORK SESSION: Council Holds Solemn Preparation, While Discussing Skatepark, Comprehensive Plan
- Police seized hundreds of thousands in cash, firearms and pills during investigation
- Fan celebration planned before Marshall-WVU basketball game
Eclectic Art Exhibition Opens Next Week at Birke Gallery
An opening reception will take place at 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28, and award winners will be recognized at 5:30 p.m. John Farley, a Marshall alumnus and the gallery's director, emphasized the eclectic nature of the show and stressed the benefits to students.
"As in years past, I expect a dynamic display that represents the breadth of disciplines our students are engaged in," Farley said. "Over the last 27 years, this exhibit has blossomed into a highly successful and rewarding juried contest, with a little something for everyone. For viewers, it will be a treat. For students, it is a great opportunity for their hard work to be recognized and celebrated."The jurors for this year's competition were Benjy Davies and Kathleen Kneafsey.
Davies is a professor of graphic design and printmaking and the chair of the School of Fine Arts at the University of Rio Grande in Ohio. Kneafsey is a clay artist and educator, and has served as the Huntington Museum of Art's artist in residence since 2000.This exhibition runs through Friday, Feb. 15.The Birke Art Gallery is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. on Mondays.//