- UPDATED: Police, Fire Leadership Attribute Mismanagement for Possible Deep, Scary Cuts
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Marshall University launches the Dr. Carter G. Woodson Lyceum
- Marshall Health and School of Medicine welcome new faculty physicians
- LOCATION CHANGE: Inaugural Private Party Planned for Schlotzsky's
Eclectic Art Exhibition Opens Next Week at Birke Gallery
An opening reception will take place at 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28, and award winners will be recognized at 5:30 p.m. John Farley, a Marshall alumnus and the gallery's director, emphasized the eclectic nature of the show and stressed the benefits to students.
"As in years past, I expect a dynamic display that represents the breadth of disciplines our students are engaged in," Farley said. "Over the last 27 years, this exhibit has blossomed into a highly successful and rewarding juried contest, with a little something for everyone. For viewers, it will be a treat. For students, it is a great opportunity for their hard work to be recognized and celebrated."The jurors for this year's competition were Benjy Davies and Kathleen Kneafsey.
Davies is a professor of graphic design and printmaking and the chair of the School of Fine Arts at the University of Rio Grande in Ohio. Kneafsey is a clay artist and educator, and has served as the Huntington Museum of Art's artist in residence since 2000.This exhibition runs through Friday, Feb. 15.The Birke Art Gallery is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. on Mondays.//