- Huntington Council Hears Preparation for School and Stanford Park Road Repair Ordinance
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- WV Hotdog Festival Saturday at Pullman Square
- W.Va. AG Announces Savings Generated By Disability Fraud Unit
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- BREAKING : Ft. Myers Shooting
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- FLASHBACK: Catch a Delorean Ride Back to the Future
- International Ballet Workshop, Performance Announced in September
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Receiving Stolen Property
Marshall Rec Center Indoor Triathlon invites community to compete
“We wanted to put on a small scale triathlon in Huntington, and an indoor triathlon just sounded perfect. The Recreation Center has a great building to put on an event like this, and this time of year it’s nice to get out of the weather,” says Stephanie Vlahos, Race Director.
Participants will swim 300 yards, or 12 pool-lengths, and then bike eight miles on a spinning bike before running two miles on a treadmill. Everyone will have five minutes to change after the swim.
Events will be timed, and there will be awards for the top competitors in each age group. Age groups are 16 to 19, 20 to 29, 30 to 39, 40 to 49, 50 to 59, and 60 and older.
Children’s age groups are 8 to 10 and 11 to 15. Children will swim 150 yards, bike 4 miles on a spinning bike and run one mile on the track. Children must be 4 feet and 2 inches tall to ride the bike. Parents can accompany their children in the 8- to 10-year-old race, but not the 11- to 15-year-old race. Children can use floatation devices like kickboards and life vests in the pool, but fins and paddles are prohibited.
Take the challenge and tackle the triathlon. Registration is $20 in advance, $50 per team of two or three, and $40 the day of the race. The first 100 people to pre-register will receive a great T-shirt. Participants must sign consent forms before the race.
Proceeds benefit the NECCO and the Sue Niestroy-Wilson Memorial Fitness Scholarship Award. NECCO is dedicated to providing safe havens and improving the quality of life for children.
For more information contact: