- Delegate Mike Folk stands up for 2nd Amendment Rights in West Virginia
- Human Relations Commission Amendment Deletes “Handicap” Substitutes “Disabled”
- Marshall Has 21 Named to All-Conference and All-Freshman Teams
- Comprehensive Plan, Skatepark Approved by Huntington Council
- Contaminated Debris of Huntington Pilot Plant Transported by Truck in 1979
- IMAGES: Huntington High School Honored by Council, Mayor Despite Loss
- Toxic TCE Released to Huntington's Air Sept. 11-15, 2008, per EPA Settlement; Authorities not Immediately Notified of Release
- WSJ Wasteland Series Continues in Pennsylvania where Uranium Processing Site had "Birdcages"
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
- FLASHBACK: Major Huntington Landfill Contaminants Could Relate to Solvents or to Cold War Activities at Uranium Processing Plant
DEVOTION: God's Spirit on Me
"This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it!
This is God's year to act!
God’s Spirit is on me; God has chosen me to preach the Message of good news to the poor, sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, to set the burdened and battered free, to announce, “This is God’s year to act!”
O God we are so aware of our calling and the power of your Spirit in us...around us...through us and yet we are so slow to receive... to act ...to respond....to stand up and proclaim the truth. Somehow we still want to control your unconditional love and healing and bind people up with guilt and consequences instead of freeing and forgiving... living in grace and peace... touching one another with kindness and goodness. We hear the words of the one whose shoes we are unworthy to untie; we see the life of love lived in a world of harsh consequences and still yet we forget the wonder of it all and fail to receive the powering Spirit that hovers and moves in every breath we breathe. Help us, Lord, to become disciples activated and alive in God's Spirit of compassion and healing. Let my language and everyday conversation be filled with grace and truth no matter what the circumstance. Empower my faith to lift and carry the burdens of others and help bring freedom to those who are bound up in pain. Anything is possible. Miracles abound. God's love is alive. Pour out God's spirit on me.//