- LEGACY: Upriver Radioactive Contamination May Have Impacted Huntington Cancer Risk
- Huntington Police Have Busy Holiday Weekend
- UPDATED...PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Classic "Blazing Saddles" Screens; Mel Brooks Inclusive Comedy Still Ripe
- Marquee Cinemas Brings Classic Films Back to the Big Screen with Flashback Cinema
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- Former Director of Safety Town Cannot Be Located; Court Seeks to Serve Defendant in Molestation Complaint
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
DEVOTION: God's Spirit on Me
"This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it!
This is God's year to act!
God’s Spirit is on me; God has chosen me to preach the Message of good news to the poor, sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, to set the burdened and battered free, to announce, “This is God’s year to act!”
O God we are so aware of our calling and the power of your Spirit in us...around us...through us and yet we are so slow to receive... to act ...to respond....to stand up and proclaim the truth. Somehow we still want to control your unconditional love and healing and bind people up with guilt and consequences instead of freeing and forgiving... living in grace and peace... touching one another with kindness and goodness. We hear the words of the one whose shoes we are unworthy to untie; we see the life of love lived in a world of harsh consequences and still yet we forget the wonder of it all and fail to receive the powering Spirit that hovers and moves in every breath we breathe. Help us, Lord, to become disciples activated and alive in God's Spirit of compassion and healing. Let my language and everyday conversation be filled with grace and truth no matter what the circumstance. Empower my faith to lift and carry the burdens of others and help bring freedom to those who are bound up in pain. Anything is possible. Miracles abound. God's love is alive. Pour out God's spirit on me.//