- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marshall University receives in-kind software grant from Siemens PLM Software
- Bates Supports Budget Reductions to Offset Shortfall Projection
- Manchin Statement on President's Immigration Executive Actions
- Marquee Pullman & Pullman Square Turn 10
- Marshall Men's Basketball: Herd Falls to Seventh-Ranked Louisville, 85-67
- US Attorney Collects Over $8 Million for Taxpayers
- Schray earns national honors as top professor in West Virginia
- Bankruptcy Court Awards West Virginia DEP $2.7 Million
- No. 18 @HerdFB Holds Off UAB; Improves to 11-0
DEVOTION: God's Spirit on Me
"This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it!
This is God's year to act!
God’s Spirit is on me; God has chosen me to preach the Message of good news to the poor, sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, to set the burdened and battered free, to announce, “This is God’s year to act!”
O God we are so aware of our calling and the power of your Spirit in us...around us...through us and yet we are so slow to receive... to act ...to respond....to stand up and proclaim the truth. Somehow we still want to control your unconditional love and healing and bind people up with guilt and consequences instead of freeing and forgiving... living in grace and peace... touching one another with kindness and goodness. We hear the words of the one whose shoes we are unworthy to untie; we see the life of love lived in a world of harsh consequences and still yet we forget the wonder of it all and fail to receive the powering Spirit that hovers and moves in every breath we breathe. Help us, Lord, to become disciples activated and alive in God's Spirit of compassion and healing. Let my language and everyday conversation be filled with grace and truth no matter what the circumstance. Empower my faith to lift and carry the burdens of others and help bring freedom to those who are bound up in pain. Anything is possible. Miracles abound. God's love is alive. Pour out God's spirit on me.//