- Four Injured in Interstate 64 Accident
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- HMDA May Purchase Huntington Urban Renewal Parking Lots for Bond Payoff, Redevelopment
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- Pawn Shop Ordinance Tops Agenda
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- Council's One-Legged Veteran Contributor Passes
- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- AAA Forecasts Year-End Holiday Travel Up 4.5 % in the South Atlantic Region
NAHB: Houston Remodeler Selected as 2013 NAHB Remodelers Chairman
Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 20:13 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
“Professional remodelers have a home at the National Association of Home Builders,” said Shaw. “It is my honor as chairman of NAHB Remodelers to be a resource for and represent NAHB Remodelers members who are dedicated to professionalism in the remodeling industry.”
Shaw has been in the residential remodeling business for more than 25 years, following a career as an officer in the U.S. Navy. He is a past president and board member of the Greater Houston Builders Association Remodelers Council, as well as the past president of the Texas Association of Builders Remodelers Council. Currently, Shaw serves on the board of directors of NAHB and is chair of the NAHB Joint Councils Committee.
Recognized as the 2009 Star Awards Remodeler of the Year by the Texas Association of Builders, Shaw has many awards to his name including July 2010 NAHB Remodeler of the Month and 2007 Master Design Gold Award from Qualified Remodelermagazine. He was an associate professor of naval science at Rice University from 1982-84 and currently teaches NAHB Education courses.
In 2013, Shaw will represent remodelers as inspections and enforcement efforts by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency increase across the nation for the regulation of contractors working in homes to minimize lead paint exposure.