- Fire Prevention Parade Passing Keith Albee IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade IMAGES
- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- Presidential finalists named; on-campus interviews to be held Oct. 13-16
- Huntington Council Considers New Fire Equipment
- Huntington City Council Agenda Tuesday October 13
- OP ED: Time to Start Campaign to Build Sound Boys and Men
- OP ED: How To Prevent A School Shooter
- Yoga Class Saturday Morning
- Severance tax collections continue to decline
NAHB: Houston Remodeler Selected as 2013 NAHB Remodelers Chairman
Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 20:13 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
“Professional remodelers have a home at the National Association of Home Builders,” said Shaw. “It is my honor as chairman of NAHB Remodelers to be a resource for and represent NAHB Remodelers members who are dedicated to professionalism in the remodeling industry.”
Shaw has been in the residential remodeling business for more than 25 years, following a career as an officer in the U.S. Navy. He is a past president and board member of the Greater Houston Builders Association Remodelers Council, as well as the past president of the Texas Association of Builders Remodelers Council. Currently, Shaw serves on the board of directors of NAHB and is chair of the NAHB Joint Councils Committee.
Recognized as the 2009 Star Awards Remodeler of the Year by the Texas Association of Builders, Shaw has many awards to his name including July 2010 NAHB Remodeler of the Month and 2007 Master Design Gold Award from Qualified Remodelermagazine. He was an associate professor of naval science at Rice University from 1982-84 and currently teaches NAHB Education courses.
In 2013, Shaw will represent remodelers as inspections and enforcement efforts by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency increase across the nation for the regulation of contractors working in homes to minimize lead paint exposure.