- DEVELOPING... Caserta Asks for Records During Meeting
- Ethics Petition Filed Against Some City Council Members by Rebecca Thacker
- Huntington Heroin Death Toll now 31
- FLASHBACK: Images of Ironton's 2011 Memorial Day Parade
- Caserta Asserts Council TV Video of Special Meeting Purposefully not Transmitted
- LAST IMAGES: A Life on the Sidelines
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
- Thundering Herd IMG Network to Air 10 Baseball Broadcasts
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: US and Venezuela: Don’t fan the flames, put out the fire
- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
NAHB: Houston Remodeler Selected as 2013 NAHB Remodelers Chairman
Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 20:13 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
“Professional remodelers have a home at the National Association of Home Builders,” said Shaw. “It is my honor as chairman of NAHB Remodelers to be a resource for and represent NAHB Remodelers members who are dedicated to professionalism in the remodeling industry.”
Shaw has been in the residential remodeling business for more than 25 years, following a career as an officer in the U.S. Navy. He is a past president and board member of the Greater Houston Builders Association Remodelers Council, as well as the past president of the Texas Association of Builders Remodelers Council. Currently, Shaw serves on the board of directors of NAHB and is chair of the NAHB Joint Councils Committee.
Recognized as the 2009 Star Awards Remodeler of the Year by the Texas Association of Builders, Shaw has many awards to his name including July 2010 NAHB Remodeler of the Month and 2007 Master Design Gold Award from Qualified Remodelermagazine. He was an associate professor of naval science at Rice University from 1982-84 and currently teaches NAHB Education courses.
In 2013, Shaw will represent remodelers as inspections and enforcement efforts by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency increase across the nation for the regulation of contractors working in homes to minimize lead paint exposure.