- BREAKING ... West Virginia State Police to Consider Caserta Complaint
- Caserta Asks Prosecutor to Reconsider Petition Against Williams
- Mayor Williams Has not Yet Received Notification of State Police Investigation
- Pullman's Thai House Restaurant Closes
- Ribbon Cutting: Corridor H, Bismarck to Tucker County Line
- Jabberwowcky Kicks off DAWG's Pullman Thursday Series
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Mark Clarke Named Wildlife Manager of the Year
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Old Times are not forgotten in the South
- West Virginia Trout Stocking Week of March 9-13, 2015
Former Councilman Nolan Grubb Dies from Accident Injuries
His obituary does not originate from a recounting of past endeavors. Instead, a long listing of Facebook postings offer insight into the man's soul through the words of those he called "friend."
Tonya Sowder wrote, "The world has lost a wonderful man. We will miss you greatly." And, Angie Bracey penned, "I will miss your phone calls, laughter, stories and wicked sense of humor."
Many filled their remembrance with appreciation of friendship and spiritual beliefs. Stacey Robinson wrote, "I'm so sorry for your family's loss and the loss of a great man and friend to so many. Find my dad [in Heaven] and you two can toss jokes around for a spell."
Noting his stunning photography, Scoti Domeij stated, "I'm sure you are enjoying Heaven's stunning sights"
Attesting to the sincerity and intimacy of the on-line "conversation," Brenda Dando mused, " gonna miss our "chats" on here but u are now with Jesus and i am sure u are dancing like crazy the streets of pure gold... see u soon... say hi to mom and dad and grannie and all my loved relatives and big hug to our Jesus."
Dale Anderson II recalled in near disbelief, "Nolan was a nice guy and one of the first times we spoke at length was after my disappointing but strong showing (in the May 2012 primary ) against Kim Wolfe for mayor. Nolan encouraged me to stay involved in and continue to fight for tax reforms. We Christian conservatives have lost a fellow patriot and friend."