- New Awareness Campaign Stresses that "Human Trafficking Happens Here Too"
- University deploys medical team to flood-ravaged Greenbrier County, including Rainelle
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Two Possession Arrests by HPD; Numerous B & E, Petit Larceny Incidents
- Man Arrested for Attempted Murder of Huntington Police Officer
- 93.7 The Dawg presents Dawg Dazzle with Julie Reeves, Frankie Ballard and Jon Pardi
- Huntington Police Execute 7th Avenue Search Warrent; Six Arrests; Seize Heroin, Guns, Cash
- West Virginia American Water Update on Water System Restoration in Flood-Impacted Areas
- Huntington Police Arrest Alleged DUI Driver after Crash; Victim Critical
- AT&T Contributes $20,000, Employees Pitch in to Help with Clean Up, Recovery Efforts in West Virginia
Former Councilman Nolan Grubb Dies from Accident Injuries
His obituary does not originate from a recounting of past endeavors. Instead, a long listing of Facebook postings offer insight into the man's soul through the words of those he called "friend."
Tonya Sowder wrote, "The world has lost a wonderful man. We will miss you greatly." And, Angie Bracey penned, "I will miss your phone calls, laughter, stories and wicked sense of humor."
Many filled their remembrance with appreciation of friendship and spiritual beliefs. Stacey Robinson wrote, "I'm so sorry for your family's loss and the loss of a great man and friend to so many. Find my dad [in Heaven] and you two can toss jokes around for a spell."
Noting his stunning photography, Scoti Domeij stated, "I'm sure you are enjoying Heaven's stunning sights"
Attesting to the sincerity and intimacy of the on-line "conversation," Brenda Dando mused, " gonna miss our "chats" on here but u are now with Jesus and i am sure u are dancing like crazy the streets of pure gold... see u soon... say hi to mom and dad and grannie and all my loved relatives and big hug to our Jesus."
Dale Anderson II recalled in near disbelief, "Nolan was a nice guy and one of the first times we spoke at length was after my disappointing but strong showing (in the May 2012 primary ) against Kim Wolfe for mayor. Nolan encouraged me to stay involved in and continue to fight for tax reforms. We Christian conservatives have lost a fellow patriot and friend."