- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 31, 2015
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 30, 2015
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- OP-ED:The Destruction of 'Forced Pooling'
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- UPDATING ... 'Furious 7' Gonna Roll
- People should always be skeptical when evaluating weight-loss products
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: St Kitts-Nevis election fiasco: Symptom of a bigger problem
Chat n Chew Meets Thursday at Frederick
Huntington In Bloom has joined a national award program, there's a Facebook page for it.
The Camera Club seeks new members.
The 30 Mile Meal, a local food initiative, asks restaurants and Huntingtonians to use food grown within 30 miles of Downtown.
"Parking Day" is a proposed day to encourage businesses to rent a parking spaces Downtown to set up a kiosk at the mall which encourages Downtown shopping.
Build A Better block is sort of an "adopt a block" kind of idea.
Empowerment For Girls is a mentoring type of program for at risk girls.
Girls On The Run is an outreach for girls that centers around running.
Residents suggested creating composting sites around the city to save landfill space and dump fees for biodegradables.
They also talked about trying to turn the ugly black electrical boxes Downtown into community message boards by wrapping them in cork or plywood.
In addition, the United Way is putting together a volunteer database. They should have a website up for it soon. It'll be linked to the city website and all the neighborhood groups.//