- LEGACY: Upriver Radioactive Contamination May Have Impacted Huntington Cancer Risk
- Huntington Police Have Busy Holiday Weekend
- UPDATED...PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Classic "Blazing Saddles" Screens; Mel Brooks Inclusive Comedy Still Ripe
- Marquee Cinemas Brings Classic Films Back to the Big Screen with Flashback Cinema
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- Former Director of Safety Town Cannot Be Located; Court Seeks to Serve Defendant in Molestation Complaint
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
Chat n Chew Meets Thursday at Frederick
Huntington In Bloom has joined a national award program, there's a Facebook page for it.
The Camera Club seeks new members.
The 30 Mile Meal, a local food initiative, asks restaurants and Huntingtonians to use food grown within 30 miles of Downtown.
"Parking Day" is a proposed day to encourage businesses to rent a parking spaces Downtown to set up a kiosk at the mall which encourages Downtown shopping.
Build A Better block is sort of an "adopt a block" kind of idea.
Empowerment For Girls is a mentoring type of program for at risk girls.
Girls On The Run is an outreach for girls that centers around running.
Residents suggested creating composting sites around the city to save landfill space and dump fees for biodegradables.
They also talked about trying to turn the ugly black electrical boxes Downtown into community message boards by wrapping them in cork or plywood.
In addition, the United Way is putting together a volunteer database. They should have a website up for it soon. It'll be linked to the city website and all the neighborhood groups.//