- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- Missing Huntington Woman Found Safe
- Understanding the Suffering War Brings
- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- OP-ED: Vanuatu and Tuvalu: inadequate response to human suffering
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
Chat n Chew Meets Thursday at Frederick
Huntington In Bloom has joined a national award program, there's a Facebook page for it.
The Camera Club seeks new members.
The 30 Mile Meal, a local food initiative, asks restaurants and Huntingtonians to use food grown within 30 miles of Downtown.
"Parking Day" is a proposed day to encourage businesses to rent a parking spaces Downtown to set up a kiosk at the mall which encourages Downtown shopping.
Build A Better block is sort of an "adopt a block" kind of idea.
Empowerment For Girls is a mentoring type of program for at risk girls.
Girls On The Run is an outreach for girls that centers around running.
Residents suggested creating composting sites around the city to save landfill space and dump fees for biodegradables.
They also talked about trying to turn the ugly black electrical boxes Downtown into community message boards by wrapping them in cork or plywood.
In addition, the United Way is putting together a volunteer database. They should have a website up for it soon. It'll be linked to the city website and all the neighborhood groups.//