- TRANSCRIPT: Mayoral Candidate Alleges Mayor, Council "Embarassed" by Towing Outcry; Council Allegedly Persecutes Disabled Member for Backing Ordinance
- Marshall School of Medicine establishes new dentistry department
- Marshall’s dean of CITE receives Outstanding Civil Engineering Educator of the Year for 2015
- Law Enforcement Across North Carolina Comes Out in Favor of Syringe Exchange
- Non-Profit launched to promote medical cannabis reform
- Greenbrier County man pleads guilty to Federal crime involving oxycodone
- Detroit drug dealer sentenced to Federal prison for heroin crime
- Reps. Jenkins and Clark Introduce Opiod Prescribing Bill
- ANALYSIS: Efficency versus Dissent Collides at Council Meeting
- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
Chat n Chew Meets Thursday at Frederick
Huntington In Bloom has joined a national award program, there's a Facebook page for it.
The Camera Club seeks new members.
The 30 Mile Meal, a local food initiative, asks restaurants and Huntingtonians to use food grown within 30 miles of Downtown.
"Parking Day" is a proposed day to encourage businesses to rent a parking spaces Downtown to set up a kiosk at the mall which encourages Downtown shopping.
Build A Better block is sort of an "adopt a block" kind of idea.
Empowerment For Girls is a mentoring type of program for at risk girls.
Girls On The Run is an outreach for girls that centers around running.
Residents suggested creating composting sites around the city to save landfill space and dump fees for biodegradables.
They also talked about trying to turn the ugly black electrical boxes Downtown into community message boards by wrapping them in cork or plywood.
In addition, the United Way is putting together a volunteer database. They should have a website up for it soon. It'll be linked to the city website and all the neighborhood groups.//