- Cabell County Schools Announce "Full Day" Policy
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates On Six Week Streak Higher
- DVD Review: 'The Typewriter in the 21st Century': Reports of Its Demise Are Greatly Exaggerated
- HMDA Approves Two-Tier Keith Albee Donation
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey to Assess Abortion Regulations in WV
- Corps of Engineers Announces Awards
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for June 17, 2013
- Sesquicentennial Celebration in Ritter Park Thursday
- FNC Index: Rise in Home Prices Picks up in April
- ANWAG Applauds House of Representatives for Support of Sick Nuclear Workers
WV Female Actor/Filmmaker Has Extra Role in "House of Cards;" Kate Mara from Marshall Movie One of Stars; Watch First Episode FREE
Having played a vampire in the indie cult thriller , "Southern Gothic," and Claire in "Two Fireflies." She formerly hosted "Tecknowledge" on the Discovery Channel.
David Fincher ("The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," "The Social Network") directed the first two episodes of the series which stars Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright and Kate Mara. Mara played cheerleader Annie Cantrell and narrated portions of "We Are Marshall."
Englander speaking from Baltimore indicated, the small part was a "dream experience", however, "it probably won’t change my career that much." She described working on the set of the big budget series as vastly different than an indie in terms of budget, size of cast/crew, locations, and length of time each shot took."
Originally from Rainelle, WV, the petite female actor beamed about the "all designer and fabulous" wardrobe. "The Wardrobe designer was an absolute treat to work with," she said.
Expressing a favorable nod for the work of director Fincher, she explained that "the first AD was typically the one on set, in front of the actors giving direction while Fincher sat in a 'video village' with the monitor. It was a pleasure to work with him. A thrill."
Last weekend, a "very well received" two episode premiere occurred in Baltimore. "Spacey is fantastic," she said.
Englander h"as been considered for a "possible recurring role." She called it a "named" character, but "everything is still very top secret," though the role has "potential," the full storyline has not been revealed. "The actor playing the President did not know if he is coming back," alluding to a "reported high body count" in the plot.
Click on link to view episode #1. No credit card or trial membership needed.
netflix.com/houseofcards. When you arrive on the page click to start EPISODE ONE. ENJOY.