- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- OP ED COLUMN: Tax Reform Committee Is Covering All Ground
- Yale Law School professor featured speaker as Amicus Curiae series begins at Marshall University
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Charleston heroin and meth dealer enters federal guilty plea
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Stadium Seats, Power Cords, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
River Cities Blues Competition Feb. 15-16 in Marietta
The first place winner of The River City Blues Competition in 2013 will receive $1000 dollars in cash and $500 more when they register for the International Blues Challenge in Memphis early in 2014 where they will gain valuable exposure to record label A&R representatives and Blues industry professionals and festival promoters capable of real career advancement for a serious blues musician.
Second place winner will receive $500 in cash and third place winner will receive $300 in cash. If one of them qualify to go to Memphis they will receive an additional $500 when they register for the Challenge. There are 15 slots in the competition. The big winners, however, are the blues fans who enjoy a weekend of great blues entertainment rarely available in Southeast Ohio at a bargain price.
Marietta, being the oldest Blues competition in Ohio has, set the stage for the other competitions that exist in the state. One of the things that makes the Marietta competition unique is that it has no geographic restrictions and is open to serious Blues acts from anywhere. That is why The River City Blues Competition pulls talent from many states. The Blues is an attitude and state of mind, not confined to a geographical area. The level of talent in the IBC has risen to incredible heights from the blues acts from all over the world and so has the level of talent coming from the Ohio Competitions.
The following acts will be competing this year.
Friday Night February 15
8 PM Paul the Resonator (solo) – Sheperdstown WV
8:30 The Rooster Jones Band (6 pc) - Akron OH
9:00 Dan Holt (solo) – Mentor OH
9:30 Brickhouse Blues Band (4 pc) – Cleveland OH
10:00 Melissa McKinney & Jay Hayes (due) – Princeton WV
10:30 Chaz Humley and The Effects (4 pc) – Teays Valley WV
Saturday Afternoon February 16
12:30 PM Vinnie and he Lubricators (4 pc) – Marietta OH
1:00 J. Blues (solo) – Parma OH
1:30 Dock Adams and Blues Hammer (4 pc) – Columbus OH
2:00 Leo Clarke (solo) – Cincinnati OH
2:30 Doug Hart Band (4 pc) – Dayton OH
3:00 Frank Harrison Band (3 pc) – Columbus OH
3:30 Chris Sutton (solo) – Barboursville WV
4:00 Lucia (6 pc) – Urbana OH
4:30 Little Jimmy and L.T. (duo) – Elyria OH
5:00 The Michael Gough Group – South Union KY
Tickets $10/$15 m/nm Friday Night 8 - 11 PM
For tickets or information call Peggy (evenings) at 740-376-0222 or Mary Ann at 304-422-2944. VISA/MasterCard/Discover accepted. We will hold your tickets/passes at the door for you to pick up when you arrive.
$15/$20 m/nm Saturday Afternoon
12:30 - 6 PM
$20/$25 m/nm Saturday Night
8:00 - 11:30 PM
$40/$55 m/nm Weekend Pass
Doors open one hour before showtime. //