- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How to Write Anything: When Laura Brown Says 'Anything', She Means 'Anything'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Increase on Soft Housing Data
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saturday, April 26 is Confederate Memorial Day
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Happy Birthday, Will Shakespeare; Words and Phrases You Created Will Live Forever
Motown Legend Smokey Robinson performing in Huntington Saturday, Feb. 16 at 7:30 p.m. at the Keith Albee
Robinson eventually became VP of Motown Records serving as in-house producer, talent scout and songwriter. Robinson wrote and produced hits for other Motown greats including: “The Way You Do the Things You Do,” “My Girl,” “Get Ready” and “My Guy.”
He has received the Grammy Living Legend Award, NARAS Lifetime Achievement Award, Honorary Doctorate from Howard University, the National Medal of Arts Award and the Kennedy Center Honors. He has also been inducted into the Rock ’n’ Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame.
Cruisin’ and get your tickets before it’s too late. Tickets are $83.25 & $65.06. Tickets to see Smokey Robinson can be purchased at the Joan C. Edwards Box Office, over the phone at 304-696-6656, or online at ticketmaster.com.
Smokey Robinson is sponsored by Cabell Huntington Hospital, Beford Auto, Verizon, Marshall Health, WV Lottery, Ransbottom Law Office, River Cities Anesthesia, Community Trust Bank, David & Kim Robinson, KEE 100, WVHU, Herald-Dispatch, WSAZ, Marshall University, MU College of Fine Arts, and the Marshall Artists Series.//