- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- Additive Manufacturing Class at RCBI offers Overview of 3D Printing
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- Students Fueling Success of Cabell County Schools Farm to School Effort
- Rice to Host Marshall in 2013 Football Championship Game
- Huntington City Council Agenda
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- CD REVIEW: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Releases All-Sibelius Album Featuring Symphony No. 6 in D Minor, Symphony No. 7 in C Major and Tone Poem 'Tapiola'
Next Week Lays Foundation for “Exceptional”
At the work session Thursday, Williams told council, “in less than 190 hours from now , I will be making it in this very room.” Council chairman Mark Bates will issue a “special call” meeting for the city’s legislative body to receive the budget proposal. ( Editor’s Note: The countdown is now less than 168 hours until the State of the City.)
West Virginia’s legislative session begins Wednesday, Feb. 13. The city needs cooperation from the delegation to extend the home rule program.
Prior to Monday night’s council meeting, Cabell and Wayne County representatives will be on hand at Huntington City Hall beginning at 6:30 p.m. They will meet with council members and constituents. House Speaker Richard “Rick” Thompson and Del. Don Perdue will attend.
At 5:30 p.m. the Neighborhood Institutes hold a reception for the new administration and council members. Members of the legislature have been invited to join in the celebration.