- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- No Erosion Issues for Proposed Huntington Development
- Huntington Police Make Weekend Drug, Robbery Arrests
- Development Projects Discussions on Monday Agendas of Council, HMDA
Next Week Lays Foundation for “Exceptional”
At the work session Thursday, Williams told council, “in less than 190 hours from now , I will be making it in this very room.” Council chairman Mark Bates will issue a “special call” meeting for the city’s legislative body to receive the budget proposal. ( Editor’s Note: The countdown is now less than 168 hours until the State of the City.)
West Virginia’s legislative session begins Wednesday, Feb. 13. The city needs cooperation from the delegation to extend the home rule program.
Prior to Monday night’s council meeting, Cabell and Wayne County representatives will be on hand at Huntington City Hall beginning at 6:30 p.m. They will meet with council members and constituents. House Speaker Richard “Rick” Thompson and Del. Don Perdue will attend.
At 5:30 p.m. the Neighborhood Institutes hold a reception for the new administration and council members. Members of the legislature have been invited to join in the celebration.