- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- Huntington Council Announces Agenda
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- Layne named director of administration and finance
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- U.S.: Multifamily Decline Pushes August Housing Starts Down 14.4%
Federal investigation into San Onofre nuclear plant announced
Senator Boxer said: " The NRC confirmed that an expansive investigation is underway into the completeness and accuracy of information that Southern California Edison provided to the NRC related to the replacement of the steam generators. The NRC has also confirmed that it is reviewing the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' Report to determine whether Southern California Edison fully complied with its legal obligations. This investigation is a critical factor in determining whether it is safe to restart the San Onofre reactor's Units 2 and 3."
Rep. Markey said: "The Nuclear Regulatory Commission today confirmed that it is investigating the issues raised by our letter. Our nuclear safety officials should now postpone any decision on the re-start of the reactors until this critical investigation is complete."