- Antitrust agreement will protect our citizens’ best interests
- $2.09 Per Gallon Gas Called Sign Mechanical Problem
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Sheetz Development Narrowly Passes Planning Commission
- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- August Pullman Square Concert Series
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
Federal investigation into San Onofre nuclear plant announced
Senator Boxer said: " The NRC confirmed that an expansive investigation is underway into the completeness and accuracy of information that Southern California Edison provided to the NRC related to the replacement of the steam generators. The NRC has also confirmed that it is reviewing the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' Report to determine whether Southern California Edison fully complied with its legal obligations. This investigation is a critical factor in determining whether it is safe to restart the San Onofre reactor's Units 2 and 3."
Rep. Markey said: "The Nuclear Regulatory Commission today confirmed that it is investigating the issues raised by our letter. Our nuclear safety officials should now postpone any decision on the re-start of the reactors until this critical investigation is complete."