- Harless Hall of Fame to welcome three new members in ceremony May 7
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Fixing Slips Forced Priority for Huntington, Mayor Says
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- Huntington Water Quality Board Meets Jan. 13 at 11 a.m.
- Generation Huntington Nominees due Friday
- Wolfpack Moves Past @HerdMBB
- Huntington Police Arrest Suspect in Car Vandalism
- U.S.: New Home Sales Fall 1.6% in November
- Fire Department Holds Kid's Christmas Party at Huntington City Mission
Federal investigation into San Onofre nuclear plant announced
Senator Boxer said: " The NRC confirmed that an expansive investigation is underway into the completeness and accuracy of information that Southern California Edison provided to the NRC related to the replacement of the steam generators. The NRC has also confirmed that it is reviewing the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' Report to determine whether Southern California Edison fully complied with its legal obligations. This investigation is a critical factor in determining whether it is safe to restart the San Onofre reactor's Units 2 and 3."
Rep. Markey said: "The Nuclear Regulatory Commission today confirmed that it is investigating the issues raised by our letter. Our nuclear safety officials should now postpone any decision on the re-start of the reactors until this critical investigation is complete."