- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for June 18, 2013
- DVD Review: 'The Typewriter in the 21st Century': Reports of Its Demise Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Cabell County Schools Announce "Full Day" Policy
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates On Six Week Streak Higher
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Island Girls': Nancy Thayer Brings Three Estranged Sisters Together for a Summer on Nantucket Island
- "Oxylana" Shows Oceana Drowning in Oxycontin Use
- IRS Targeted Taxpayers for Personal Beliefs
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: Confronting Sexual Abuse
- University announces hydroelectric demonstration and education project at Morris Creek Watershed
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Language of Flowers': People We Want to Like Rebounding from Whatever Life Throws at Them
Federal investigation into San Onofre nuclear plant announced
Senator Boxer said: " The NRC confirmed that an expansive investigation is underway into the completeness and accuracy of information that Southern California Edison provided to the NRC related to the replacement of the steam generators. The NRC has also confirmed that it is reviewing the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' Report to determine whether Southern California Edison fully complied with its legal obligations. This investigation is a critical factor in determining whether it is safe to restart the San Onofre reactor's Units 2 and 3."
Rep. Markey said: "The Nuclear Regulatory Commission today confirmed that it is investigating the issues raised by our letter. Our nuclear safety officials should now postpone any decision on the re-start of the reactors until this critical investigation is complete."