- Marshall University is only registered Exercise is Medicine® campus; free activities scheduled for Oct. 5-
- Fire Prevention Parade IMAGES
- Marshall University School of Pharmacy marks American Pharmacists Month; Generation Rx program founder scheduled to speak
- Robbery Warrant Issued for Female Robbery Suspect
- Comcast Franchise Renewal Delayed
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Tsubasacon Coming This Weekend
- Huntington's Bunny Bombshell at Con
- Marvel Universe Live Heads for Charleston in December
- Huntington Task Force Seizes Drugs, Cash
Federal investigation into San Onofre nuclear plant announced
Senator Boxer said: " The NRC confirmed that an expansive investigation is underway into the completeness and accuracy of information that Southern California Edison provided to the NRC related to the replacement of the steam generators. The NRC has also confirmed that it is reviewing the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' Report to determine whether Southern California Edison fully complied with its legal obligations. This investigation is a critical factor in determining whether it is safe to restart the San Onofre reactor's Units 2 and 3."
Rep. Markey said: "The Nuclear Regulatory Commission today confirmed that it is investigating the issues raised by our letter. Our nuclear safety officials should now postpone any decision on the re-start of the reactors until this critical investigation is complete."