- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- Caserta Asserts Council TV Video of Special Meeting Purposefully not Transmitted
- COLUMN: Got a Law Degree? Media at Council Tonight Seeking Input on Conflicting Pay Out Discretion Legal Opinions
- Huntington Council Narrowly Approves Fiscal Year Day to Day Budget Estimate
- Improper Notice Apparently Given of Meeting that Removed Chairman Caserta
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- Neeson Rules 'Run All Night'
- April Rotary Park Hike Scheduled
- HPD Requests March 18 Holderby Road Surveillance Footage
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
Federal investigation into San Onofre nuclear plant announced
Senator Boxer said: " The NRC confirmed that an expansive investigation is underway into the completeness and accuracy of information that Southern California Edison provided to the NRC related to the replacement of the steam generators. The NRC has also confirmed that it is reviewing the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' Report to determine whether Southern California Edison fully complied with its legal obligations. This investigation is a critical factor in determining whether it is safe to restart the San Onofre reactor's Units 2 and 3."
Rep. Markey said: "The Nuclear Regulatory Commission today confirmed that it is investigating the issues raised by our letter. Our nuclear safety officials should now postpone any decision on the re-start of the reactors until this critical investigation is complete."