- Detroit Man Arrested in SWAT Raid
- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- Ohio Youth Group Repairs Wayne County Mobile Home Damaged by Flood
- Fracking Poses Threats to Public Health, Say Experts
- Katie DeHart Entertains at Pullman
- WV AFL-CIO President Perdue: July 1 is now Pay Cut Day
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- A Very Merry Christmas Parade Moves Along Fourth Avenue
- Mayor Steve William's Office of Drug Control Policy Invited to White House
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
Federal investigation into San Onofre nuclear plant announced
Senator Boxer said: " The NRC confirmed that an expansive investigation is underway into the completeness and accuracy of information that Southern California Edison provided to the NRC related to the replacement of the steam generators. The NRC has also confirmed that it is reviewing the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' Report to determine whether Southern California Edison fully complied with its legal obligations. This investigation is a critical factor in determining whether it is safe to restart the San Onofre reactor's Units 2 and 3."
Rep. Markey said: "The Nuclear Regulatory Commission today confirmed that it is investigating the issues raised by our letter. Our nuclear safety officials should now postpone any decision on the re-start of the reactors until this critical investigation is complete."