- West Huntington Drug Bust
- Attorney General Morrisey Issues Statement Regarding HB 3062 which Impacts Substance Abuse Fighting Funding
- Three Mile Island 40th Anniversary
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Putnam County felon sentenced to federal prison for gun crime
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Belle, Beast and Chorus Visit Marquee Pullman IMAGES
- Annapolis Has Nearly Double Overdoses in First Months of 2017
- Climb or rappel at North Bend State Park’s April “Quest” adventure
- Attorney General Morrisey Appreciates President Trump’s Invitation to Witness Signature Victory in Obama Coal Fight
DEVOTION: Blazing White
White out conditions flash with luminous color.
Operating rooms give a sense of bleached brilliance
A Bridal setting mirrors shimmering innocence.
Pure white is gleaming bright.
Glittering stars sparkle like lustrous diamonds.
God's face reflects indescribable radiance.
While the Master was in prayer, the appearance of his face changed and his clothes became blinding white. Whenever one turns to face God, God removes the veil and there they are—face-to-face! They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We're free of it! All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of God's face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like the Master.
O God, the brilliance of new fallen snow so quickly can turn into murky slush. Forgive me for not reflecting the pure goodness of your grace and love. I want to much to grow closer to being made clean and white in my thinking and doing. Unconditional love and acceptance of those who seem different than me seems almost impossible at times and my face and clothes become dirty with daily routine and constant service. My transfiguration doesn't always sparkle and gleam with mercy and kindness so I pray that your Spirit will continue to move in and around me so my reflection mirrors more of your compassion, gentleness and patience. Being like You seems so distant in my everyday choices and decisions... but my heart's desire is to sparkle and shine in my faith and actions. Wash me... rinse me ... clean me up so I can become blazing white.