- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Move to Highest Level Since Beginning of May
- Layne named director of administration and finance
DEVOTION: Blazing White
White out conditions flash with luminous color.
Operating rooms give a sense of bleached brilliance
A Bridal setting mirrors shimmering innocence.
Pure white is gleaming bright.
Glittering stars sparkle like lustrous diamonds.
God's face reflects indescribable radiance.
While the Master was in prayer, the appearance of his face changed and his clothes became blinding white. Whenever one turns to face God, God removes the veil and there they are—face-to-face! They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We're free of it! All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of God's face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like the Master.
O God, the brilliance of new fallen snow so quickly can turn into murky slush. Forgive me for not reflecting the pure goodness of your grace and love. I want to much to grow closer to being made clean and white in my thinking and doing. Unconditional love and acceptance of those who seem different than me seems almost impossible at times and my face and clothes become dirty with daily routine and constant service. My transfiguration doesn't always sparkle and gleam with mercy and kindness so I pray that your Spirit will continue to move in and around me so my reflection mirrors more of your compassion, gentleness and patience. Being like You seems so distant in my everyday choices and decisions... but my heart's desire is to sparkle and shine in my faith and actions. Wash me... rinse me ... clean me up so I can become blazing white.