- CARIBBEAN VIEW: China Will Cast a Huge Shadow as Japan Meets CARICOM
- Former Employees Testified Radiation Hazards Near former Huntington Nuclear Weapons Plant
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- Huntington Council Votes to Counter Rising Drug Crime by Hiring Ten New Police Officers at Special Session
- EDITORIAL: Having Nearly Ruined WVU, Manchin Father and Daughter Pair Now Compromises the WV Chamber of Commerce
- Huntington Council Announces Meeting Agenda
- Huntington Gets Ready to Regatta
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
- Sen. Manchin, Gov. Tomblin announce additional scientific testing and monitoring of chemicals spilled in Kanawha Valley
Governor Tomblin Requests State Board of Education Take Leadership Role in Education Reform
Specifically, the governor requested board members take action on six proposals that have the potential to improve student achievement. The governor requested the board provide responses on the following proposals:
Teacher Certification for Elementary Teachers; establish a commission to review the current governance structure of local school boards of education; to define the role of the Regional Education Service Agencies (RESA’s); integrate public education and our community and technical colleges; improve our career pathways to meet Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) standards; and integrate technology into the classroom.
The letter in its entirety can be read here.