- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Attorney General Morrisey Applauds Undoing of Stream Buffer Rule, Reviews Need For Lawsuit
- Creating a Better Connection Between Huntington and Downtown
- Wild Life Invading Fukushima from Radioactive Forest
- People Die Fighting Fires
- Final Approval for Radical Radiation Rise in Water Supplies after Nuclear Release
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- DYSFUNCTION DISORDER: Snapshots Taken as Gospel
- UPDATED ADDED IMAGES : Hundreds Rally to Support Huntington Police, Fire
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
Governor Tomblin Requests State Board of Education Take Leadership Role in Education Reform
Specifically, the governor requested board members take action on six proposals that have the potential to improve student achievement. The governor requested the board provide responses on the following proposals:
Teacher Certification for Elementary Teachers; establish a commission to review the current governance structure of local school boards of education; to define the role of the Regional Education Service Agencies (RESA’s); integrate public education and our community and technical colleges; improve our career pathways to meet Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) standards; and integrate technology into the classroom.
The letter in its entirety can be read here.