- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Huntington Church Offers Sanctuary for Undocumented Immigrants
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Rhoden Family Members Make Plea for Tips in Pike County Murders of Loved Ones
- AARP Partners for Money Smart Week Events
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- Attorney General Morrisey, 14-State Coalition Defend Trump Order to Ease Overregulation
Governor Tomblin Requests State Board of Education Take Leadership Role in Education Reform
Specifically, the governor requested board members take action on six proposals that have the potential to improve student achievement. The governor requested the board provide responses on the following proposals:
Teacher Certification for Elementary Teachers; establish a commission to review the current governance structure of local school boards of education; to define the role of the Regional Education Service Agencies (RESA’s); integrate public education and our community and technical colleges; improve our career pathways to meet Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) standards; and integrate technology into the classroom.
The letter in its entirety can be read here.