- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- Huntington City Council Agenda
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- Send Off Planned for Huntington Highlanders to State Championship
- Chants of 'We Are ... Marshall' planned nationwide as Herd battles Rice in Conference USA title game
- Scheme involving thousands of prescription pain pills ends in jail time for Logan brothers
Governor Tomblin Requests State Board of Education Take Leadership Role in Education Reform
Specifically, the governor requested board members take action on six proposals that have the potential to improve student achievement. The governor requested the board provide responses on the following proposals:
Teacher Certification for Elementary Teachers; establish a commission to review the current governance structure of local school boards of education; to define the role of the Regional Education Service Agencies (RESA’s); integrate public education and our community and technical colleges; improve our career pathways to meet Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) standards; and integrate technology into the classroom.
The letter in its entirety can be read here.