- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Man Arrested for Attempted Murder of Huntington Police Officer
- Huntington Police Exeucute 7th Avenue Search Warrent; Six Arrests; Seize Heroin, Guns, Cash
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- New Awareness Campaign Stresses that "Human Trafficking Happens Here Too"
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Possession, Reports Taken for Destruction of Property, Burglary, Overdose
- University deploys medical team to flood-ravaged Greenbrier County, including Rainelle
- Parkersburg man sentenced to over 12 years in Federal prison for possessing child pornography
- Domestic Related Shooting Kills Man Near Lesage
Governor Tomblin Requests State Board of Education Take Leadership Role in Education Reform
Specifically, the governor requested board members take action on six proposals that have the potential to improve student achievement. The governor requested the board provide responses on the following proposals:
Teacher Certification for Elementary Teachers; establish a commission to review the current governance structure of local school boards of education; to define the role of the Regional Education Service Agencies (RESA’s); integrate public education and our community and technical colleges; improve our career pathways to meet Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) standards; and integrate technology into the classroom.
The letter in its entirety can be read here.