- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- BREAKING: Oscar Mishap... "Moonlight," Wins Best Picture After "La La Land" Crew on Stage
- UPDATED: Large Selection New Tsubasacon Mascarade, Winners, Skits, Cosplaying IMAGES
- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Drug Distributors Penalized For Turning Blind Eye In Opioid Epidemic
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Piketon Diffusion Plant Clean Up Comment Period Extended
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Highlawn Proposal Tuesday at Big Sandy
Childrens Theatre Workshop Starting
Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 10:24 Updated 4 years ago Edited from a Press Release
Starting March 2, and continuing every other Saturday through May 25, ARTS will be coordinating a Peanut Butter and Jelly Children’s Theatre Workshop called “PB&J.”
“The concept of this program is to feed the mind and body, as well as the creative spirit. Part of ARTS’ mission is to educate,” explained Tera Grasser, an instructor and first vice president for ARTS.
“The format of this workshop will help youngsters identify aspects of the fine arts that they would like to pursue as they grow into our intermediate and advanced classes.”
PB&J – which will serve peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while also feeding the creative impulses of children in grades kindergarten through third – will take place at 900 8th Street, Suite 100, the site of the old Huntington High School.
The cost of the workshop is $50 for seven bi-weekly sessions from March through May. All materials needed for the workshops, including the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a T-shirt, are provided by ARTS.
ARTS seeks to promote and facilitate performing and fine arts in the tri-state region through education.
There is no deadline for registration, but space is limited.
For more information, contact Grasser at 304-733-ARTS (2787).