- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Sir Ronald Sanders Awarded Honorary Doctorate by University of The West Indies
- Test Time for Snow Plows
- Coast Guardsman teaches water rescue to Cub Scouts in South Texas
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 24, 2014
- Skate Park Construction Underway
- Update: New York City and CDC Report Positive Tests for Ebola in Volunteer International Aid Worker
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- 2014 Furbearer Trapping Seasons to Open Nov. 1
- Multiple Bloodlettings Await Keanu Reeve's "John Wick"
Childrens Theatre Workshop Starting
Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 10:24 Updated 1 year ago Edited from a Press Release
Starting March 2, and continuing every other Saturday through May 25, ARTS will be coordinating a Peanut Butter and Jelly Children’s Theatre Workshop called “PB&J.”
“The concept of this program is to feed the mind and body, as well as the creative spirit. Part of ARTS’ mission is to educate,” explained Tera Grasser, an instructor and first vice president for ARTS.
“The format of this workshop will help youngsters identify aspects of the fine arts that they would like to pursue as they grow into our intermediate and advanced classes.”
PB&J – which will serve peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while also feeding the creative impulses of children in grades kindergarten through third – will take place at 900 8th Street, Suite 100, the site of the old Huntington High School.
The cost of the workshop is $50 for seven bi-weekly sessions from March through May. All materials needed for the workshops, including the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a T-shirt, are provided by ARTS.
ARTS seeks to promote and facilitate performing and fine arts in the tri-state region through education.
There is no deadline for registration, but space is limited.
For more information, contact Grasser at 304-733-ARTS (2787).