- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 31, 2014
- Former Prison Employee Appears in Federal Court for Sexual Abuse of Inmate
- Thieves Steal Huntington Veteran's Wheel Chair
- Perry's Honored; Artisan Cafe to Open
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Commonwealth Business Council is Dead: Will a Bankable Entity Arise?
- Santana Coming to Games at Pullman Square for Art Walk
- USDA Announces Additional Food Safety Requirements, New Inspection System for Poultry Products
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey Pledges To Keep Fighting For Coal Miners, Their Families At Rally To Support American Energy
Childrens Theatre Workshop Starting
Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 10:24 Updated 1 year ago Edited from a Press Release
Starting March 2, and continuing every other Saturday through May 25, ARTS will be coordinating a Peanut Butter and Jelly Children’s Theatre Workshop called “PB&J.”
“The concept of this program is to feed the mind and body, as well as the creative spirit. Part of ARTS’ mission is to educate,” explained Tera Grasser, an instructor and first vice president for ARTS.
“The format of this workshop will help youngsters identify aspects of the fine arts that they would like to pursue as they grow into our intermediate and advanced classes.”
PB&J – which will serve peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while also feeding the creative impulses of children in grades kindergarten through third – will take place at 900 8th Street, Suite 100, the site of the old Huntington High School.
The cost of the workshop is $50 for seven bi-weekly sessions from March through May. All materials needed for the workshops, including the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a T-shirt, are provided by ARTS.
ARTS seeks to promote and facilitate performing and fine arts in the tri-state region through education.
There is no deadline for registration, but space is limited.
For more information, contact Grasser at 304-733-ARTS (2787).