- Cincinnati Overdoses Exceed 60; not all Revived
- W.Va. AG Files Lawsuit Against Cabell County Used Car Dealer
- Huntington's professional cosplay model Bunny Bombshell at WV PopCon this weekend
- EDITORIAL: Having Nearly Ruined WVU, Manchin Father and Daughter Pair Now Compromises the WV Chamber of Commerce
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Coalfield Development Corp. Receives Economic and Workforce Development Resources Grant for Coal Communities
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Gov. Tomblin Highlights Potential of POWER Grants for Job Growth in West Virginia
- World-traveled clarinetist and Marshall alum to perform Sept. 1
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
Childrens Theatre Workshop Starting
Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 10:24 Updated 3 years ago Edited from a Press Release
Starting March 2, and continuing every other Saturday through May 25, ARTS will be coordinating a Peanut Butter and Jelly Children’s Theatre Workshop called “PB&J.”
“The concept of this program is to feed the mind and body, as well as the creative spirit. Part of ARTS’ mission is to educate,” explained Tera Grasser, an instructor and first vice president for ARTS.
“The format of this workshop will help youngsters identify aspects of the fine arts that they would like to pursue as they grow into our intermediate and advanced classes.”
PB&J – which will serve peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while also feeding the creative impulses of children in grades kindergarten through third – will take place at 900 8th Street, Suite 100, the site of the old Huntington High School.
The cost of the workshop is $50 for seven bi-weekly sessions from March through May. All materials needed for the workshops, including the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a T-shirt, are provided by ARTS.
ARTS seeks to promote and facilitate performing and fine arts in the tri-state region through education.
There is no deadline for registration, but space is limited.
For more information, contact Grasser at 304-733-ARTS (2787).