- Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- Unanimous Special Permit Approved for Gas at $4.5 Million Downtown Sheetz
- Portion of Downtown Floodwall Shifting Possibly Due to Sink Hole Near Pump Station
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governoring Sick Leave Payments
- UPDATED: "Violent" Man who Escaped from Sixth Avenue Group Home Found at Ritter Park
- Professor receives $350,000 National Science Foundation research grant
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- CFPB Sues Texas Company for Sham Credit Card; Union Workers Credit Services Also Duped Consumers Into Thinking the Company Was Affiliated With Unions
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
DEVOTION: Ashes to Ashes
We go out with our fear in ashes. We go out in faith. We go out "marked" with the reminder of God's love and commitment for us... day by day... in every situation... in the dark and in the light.
We take the time to admit our need and to join with others who will walk the road that leads to sacrifice and compromise... entrusting our hope and joy to God's redeeming grace.
Ash Wednesday... a day of reflection and prayer.
Come. Kneel. Remember. Receive. Do.
The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and God knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.