- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 20, 2014
- Huntington Racing Scheduled for Broadcast
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- Career Expo for first Physical Therapy graduating class is Tuesday, Aug. 26
- Early Childhood Education Providers in West Virginia to Receive Online Resource Platform Developed by CCA For Social Good
- Marshall University to host Thundering Herd community kick-off event
- Green and White High School Football Record Setter on Screen
- CoreLogic: U.S. Had 49,000 Completed Foreclosures in June; Foreclosure inventory down 35 percent nationally from a year ago
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 19, 2014
- OP-ED: Global Justice for Our Girls: Hashtags and Selfies Still Aren’t Enough
DEVOTION: Ashes to Ashes
We go out with our fear in ashes. We go out in faith. We go out "marked" with the reminder of God's love and commitment for us... day by day... in every situation... in the dark and in the light.
We take the time to admit our need and to join with others who will walk the road that leads to sacrifice and compromise... entrusting our hope and joy to God's redeeming grace.
Ash Wednesday... a day of reflection and prayer.
Come. Kneel. Remember. Receive. Do.
The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and God knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.