- Washington D.C. To Hold Massive "Coordinated Terror Attack" Drill This Wednesday
- Huntington Council Reduces Top Police Ranks
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Alleged Drug Suppliers, Prostitutes Rounded Up in Huntington
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Iceland knows how to stop teen substance abuse; No one else listening
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Casto to speak at Library lunch
- Huntington Clarifies Purposes of America's Best Community Contest and Winnings ; General Fund Not Recipient
DEVOTION: Ashes to Ashes
We go out with our fear in ashes. We go out in faith. We go out "marked" with the reminder of God's love and commitment for us... day by day... in every situation... in the dark and in the light.
We take the time to admit our need and to join with others who will walk the road that leads to sacrifice and compromise... entrusting our hope and joy to God's redeeming grace.
Ash Wednesday... a day of reflection and prayer.
Come. Kneel. Remember. Receive. Do.
The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and God knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.