- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- OP-ED: Sports Need Independent Oversight
DEVOTION: Ashes to Ashes
We go out with our fear in ashes. We go out in faith. We go out "marked" with the reminder of God's love and commitment for us... day by day... in every situation... in the dark and in the light.
We take the time to admit our need and to join with others who will walk the road that leads to sacrifice and compromise... entrusting our hope and joy to God's redeeming grace.
Ash Wednesday... a day of reflection and prayer.
Come. Kneel. Remember. Receive. Do.
The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and God knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.