- Huntington's Cutbacks Lead to Retiree's Suicide
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- UPDATED: Large Selection New Tsubasacon Mascarade, Winners, Skits, Cosplaying IMAGES
- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- BREAKING: Oscar Mishap... "Moonlight," Wins Best Picture After "La La Land" Crew on Stage
- Piketon Diffusion Plant Clean Up Comment Period Extended
- Drug Distributors Penalized For Turning Blind Eye In Opioid Epidemic
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- One Nation, Under Sedation: Medicare Paid for Nearly 40 Million Tranquilizer Prescriptions in 2013
DEVOTION: Ashes to Ashes
We go out with our fear in ashes. We go out in faith. We go out "marked" with the reminder of God's love and commitment for us... day by day... in every situation... in the dark and in the light.
We take the time to admit our need and to join with others who will walk the road that leads to sacrifice and compromise... entrusting our hope and joy to God's redeeming grace.
Ash Wednesday... a day of reflection and prayer.
Come. Kneel. Remember. Receive. Do.
The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and God knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.