- PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Classic "Blazing Saddles" Screens; Mel Brooks Inclusive Comedy Still Ripe
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- FLASHBACK: "Eyes Right," a Memorial Day Favorite
- Marshall athletic training student receives 2016 NATA Foundation Scholarship
DEVOTION: Ashes to Ashes
We go out with our fear in ashes. We go out in faith. We go out "marked" with the reminder of God's love and commitment for us... day by day... in every situation... in the dark and in the light.
We take the time to admit our need and to join with others who will walk the road that leads to sacrifice and compromise... entrusting our hope and joy to God's redeeming grace.
Ash Wednesday... a day of reflection and prayer.
Come. Kneel. Remember. Receive. Do.
The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and God knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.