- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Man Arrested for Attempted Murder of Huntington Police Officer
- Huntington Police Exeucute 7th Avenue Search Warrent; Six Arrests; Seize Heroin, Guns, Cash
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Possession, Reports Taken for Destruction of Property, Burglary, Overdose
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Charlotte School of Law Launches Eviction & Homelessness Prevention Clinic; How Do Similar Laws Impact Huntingtotn?
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Parkersburg man sentenced to over 12 years in Federal prison for possessing child pornography
- Greenbrier Theatre Seeks Donations to Replace Destroyed Costumes
- One of EEOC’s First Lawsuits Alleging Sex Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation Settles
DEVOTION: Ashes to Ashes
We go out with our fear in ashes. We go out in faith. We go out "marked" with the reminder of God's love and commitment for us... day by day... in every situation... in the dark and in the light.
We take the time to admit our need and to join with others who will walk the road that leads to sacrifice and compromise... entrusting our hope and joy to God's redeeming grace.
Ash Wednesday... a day of reflection and prayer.
Come. Kneel. Remember. Receive. Do.
The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and God knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.