- Huntington Police Seach for Armed Robber; Another Reported on Washington Avenue
- Man Arrested in West End of Huntingtotn for Possession
- W.Va. AG Warns Consumers of DMV Impostor Scam
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- Columbus Police Issue Heroin Destruction Order after more than 30 Overdoses
- Attorney General Morrisey Fights To Protect Coal Jobs At Crucial Moment
- In Wells Fargo Case, News Really Did Happen To An Editor
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
DEVOTION: Ashes to Ashes
We go out with our fear in ashes. We go out in faith. We go out "marked" with the reminder of God's love and commitment for us... day by day... in every situation... in the dark and in the light.
We take the time to admit our need and to join with others who will walk the road that leads to sacrifice and compromise... entrusting our hope and joy to God's redeeming grace.
Ash Wednesday... a day of reflection and prayer.
Come. Kneel. Remember. Receive. Do.
The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and God knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.