- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Where Were You in '62 Icon Returns to Screen
- James Cook at the End of the Road
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Water Main and Valve Replacement Project to Cause Temporary Water Outage Monday for Rt. 10/Heath Creek Road Area of Barboursville
- Secretary of State Candidate Mac Warner Announces Friends of Coal Endorsement
- Registration Underway for Bell Tower Walk
DEVOTION: Ashes to Ashes
We go out with our fear in ashes. We go out in faith. We go out "marked" with the reminder of God's love and commitment for us... day by day... in every situation... in the dark and in the light.
We take the time to admit our need and to join with others who will walk the road that leads to sacrifice and compromise... entrusting our hope and joy to God's redeeming grace.
Ash Wednesday... a day of reflection and prayer.
Come. Kneel. Remember. Receive. Do.
The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and God knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.