- LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
- Jacobs-Jones becoming MU vice president
- BOOK REVIEW: 'A Quick Guide to Freemasonry': You've Got Questions, David Harrison Has the Answers
- Mayor Tells Comcast, "Folks Aren't Happy...."
- CoreLogic April Edition of MarketPulse Report Examines Single-Family Housing Starts and Fallout from the Expiration of the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Gone Girl': Nick and Amy Dunne, Folie å Deux in a Mississippi River Town
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- West Virginia American Water Update on Carbon Filter Change-Out and Water Testing
- Researchers to present at the World Congress on Endometriosis in Brazil
DEVOTION: Ashes to Ashes
We go out with our fear in ashes. We go out in faith. We go out "marked" with the reminder of God's love and commitment for us... day by day... in every situation... in the dark and in the light.
We take the time to admit our need and to join with others who will walk the road that leads to sacrifice and compromise... entrusting our hope and joy to God's redeeming grace.
Ash Wednesday... a day of reflection and prayer.
Come. Kneel. Remember. Receive. Do.
The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and God knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.