- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Council Will Seek to Remove Gillespie; Weapons and Ammo Allegedly Present in Home Confinement Location
- City Attorney Resigns
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The York Grand Lodge': Fascinating Look at York's Challenge to London's Freemasonry Dominance
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- Rally for Marijuana
- Bates, Caserta, Council Ask for Gillespie's Resignation
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Boil Water Advisory for Some Salt Rock Customers
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
DEVOTION: Ashes to Ashes
We go out with our fear in ashes. We go out in faith. We go out "marked" with the reminder of God's love and commitment for us... day by day... in every situation... in the dark and in the light.
We take the time to admit our need and to join with others who will walk the road that leads to sacrifice and compromise... entrusting our hope and joy to God's redeeming grace.
Ash Wednesday... a day of reflection and prayer.
Come. Kneel. Remember. Receive. Do.
The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They're full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don't fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and God knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:
Our Father in heaven,
Reveal who you are.
Set the world right;
Do what’s best—
as above, so below.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil.
You're in charge!
You can do anything you want!
You're ablaze in beauty!
Yes. Yes. Yes.