- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- WWE returning to Big Sandy Superstore Arena in 2015
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 22, 2014
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- Superintendent’s Statement Regarding the Passing of Dr. Stephen Kopp
- Herd Tops King, 90-76
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
Career Services to feature etiquette expert at upcoming dinner
The dinner begins at 6:30 p.m. in room BE5, located on the lower level of the Memorial Student Center on Marshall's Huntington campus. Doors open at 6 p.m. and professional dress is required.
During the four-course meal, Thompson will offer business etiquette tips for handling dinner-time interviews and networking events, along with answers to any questions students might have.
"Terri has a wonderful way of making the students feel at ease, while maintaining a real sense of professionalism," said Debby Stoler, assistant director for development and outreach with MU Career Services.
All current Marshall students are welcome to attend. However, juniors and seniors will be given preference.
Tickets must be picked up in advance at the Career Services Center. A $5 reservation fee is required but will be refunded at the dinner. Cancellations must be made within 72 hours of the event to receive a full refund.
This spring will mark the eighth time Thompson has conducted the event. Thompson is an etiquette coach and reinvention expert who started the companies Etiquette in Action and Swizzle Stick Speaking. Throughout her career, she has helped thousands develop professional poise, confident communication skills and personal polish.
For more information, contact Career Services at 304 696-2370 or email@example.com.