- Chuck Pagano, Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, David DeCastro, Diana DeGarmo, Ace Young, Dennis Haysbert, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev Join USO Tour
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- Storm Warning Issued for Thursday
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cuba: Challenges and Chances for the Caribbean
- Mayor Williams Requests No Driving on City Roads
Career Services to feature etiquette expert at upcoming dinner
The dinner begins at 6:30 p.m. in room BE5, located on the lower level of the Memorial Student Center on Marshall's Huntington campus. Doors open at 6 p.m. and professional dress is required.
During the four-course meal, Thompson will offer business etiquette tips for handling dinner-time interviews and networking events, along with answers to any questions students might have.
"Terri has a wonderful way of making the students feel at ease, while maintaining a real sense of professionalism," said Debby Stoler, assistant director for development and outreach with MU Career Services.
All current Marshall students are welcome to attend. However, juniors and seniors will be given preference.
Tickets must be picked up in advance at the Career Services Center. A $5 reservation fee is required but will be refunded at the dinner. Cancellations must be made within 72 hours of the event to receive a full refund.
This spring will mark the eighth time Thompson has conducted the event. Thompson is an etiquette coach and reinvention expert who started the companies Etiquette in Action and Swizzle Stick Speaking. Throughout her career, she has helped thousands develop professional poise, confident communication skills and personal polish.
For more information, contact Career Services at 304 696-2370 or email@example.com.