- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- Department of Modern Language’s Japanese program to host Japan Day
- Marshall University Forensic Identification Association to host Women’s Expo at Pullman Square
- Theatre company, Literacy Council collaborate on Page-to-Stage program
- DEVELOPING: Huntington High School Evacuated After Student Brought Improvised Device
- Tsubasacon Coming This Weekend
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey Warns Consumers About Fraudulent Pizza Hut Offer
- Tickets for John Prine Go on Sale
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- Award-winning pianist to perform at Marshall University
Career Services to feature etiquette expert at upcoming dinner
The dinner begins at 6:30 p.m. in room BE5, located on the lower level of the Memorial Student Center on Marshall's Huntington campus. Doors open at 6 p.m. and professional dress is required.
During the four-course meal, Thompson will offer business etiquette tips for handling dinner-time interviews and networking events, along with answers to any questions students might have.
"Terri has a wonderful way of making the students feel at ease, while maintaining a real sense of professionalism," said Debby Stoler, assistant director for development and outreach with MU Career Services.
All current Marshall students are welcome to attend. However, juniors and seniors will be given preference.
Tickets must be picked up in advance at the Career Services Center. A $5 reservation fee is required but will be refunded at the dinner. Cancellations must be made within 72 hours of the event to receive a full refund.
This spring will mark the eighth time Thompson has conducted the event. Thompson is an etiquette coach and reinvention expert who started the companies Etiquette in Action and Swizzle Stick Speaking. Throughout her career, she has helped thousands develop professional poise, confident communication skills and personal polish.
For more information, contact Career Services at 304 696-2370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.