- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Silk Scarves, Hyland Bicycles and Fenders, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: Lee Kuan-Yew’s Caribbean rescue in the Commonwealth
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Confederate Memorial Day in the South
- OP-ED: On 'Real Women': Don't Hate Me -- It's Genetic
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: US and Venezuela: Don’t fan the flames, put out the fire
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- Stat Steps Defined Herd Basketball
- Mark Clarke Named Wildlife Manager of the Year
Career Services to feature etiquette expert at upcoming dinner
The dinner begins at 6:30 p.m. in room BE5, located on the lower level of the Memorial Student Center on Marshall's Huntington campus. Doors open at 6 p.m. and professional dress is required.
During the four-course meal, Thompson will offer business etiquette tips for handling dinner-time interviews and networking events, along with answers to any questions students might have.
"Terri has a wonderful way of making the students feel at ease, while maintaining a real sense of professionalism," said Debby Stoler, assistant director for development and outreach with MU Career Services.
All current Marshall students are welcome to attend. However, juniors and seniors will be given preference.
Tickets must be picked up in advance at the Career Services Center. A $5 reservation fee is required but will be refunded at the dinner. Cancellations must be made within 72 hours of the event to receive a full refund.
This spring will mark the eighth time Thompson has conducted the event. Thompson is an etiquette coach and reinvention expert who started the companies Etiquette in Action and Swizzle Stick Speaking. Throughout her career, she has helped thousands develop professional poise, confident communication skills and personal polish.
For more information, contact Career Services at 304 696-2370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.