- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Bates, Caserta, Council Ask for Gillespie's Resignation
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Marshall's Department of Social Work provides job opportunities to students through child welfare program
- Ciccarelli named Huntington’s next chief of police
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- Boil Water Advisory for Some Salt Rock Customers
- Rally for Marijuana
- CDC and Texas Health Department Confirm First Ebola Case Diagnosed in the U.S.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: HR25 Deserves Serious Consideration, Not Neglect
HR25 has been shelved within the House Ways and Means Committee for many years. Dave Camp, the chairman of W&M has indicated they will be considering alternative tax proposals this year. He has assigned committees to study them. The Income Tax lobby is the largest lobby in Washington DC. Congressional members use it to buy votes and paybacks. It will take a grassroots movement to overcome that. Call your congressperson and demand they support the Fair Tax. See fairtax.org for more information.
For text of this bill: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr25/text
Roy T Newsom
1007 Hidden Cove Trail
Granbury, Texas 76049