- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- IMAGES: Midland Tops H.H.S. 31-26
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- Unitarian Fellowship of Huntington to Hold Their 1st Annual Community Days!
- UPDATED: Dueling Drug Gangsters Hack Their Fates Through Thrilling "Tombstone"
- United Way Fall Campaign to kick off Sept. 22 on Marshall University’s Huntington campus
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- Huntington mayor, Supreme Court justices entered in quoits tournament
- Shaheen, LeMay will read from their work Oct. 6 at Marshall University
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: HR25 Deserves Serious Consideration, Not Neglect
HR25 has been shelved within the House Ways and Means Committee for many years. Dave Camp, the chairman of W&M has indicated they will be considering alternative tax proposals this year. He has assigned committees to study them. The Income Tax lobby is the largest lobby in Washington DC. Congressional members use it to buy votes and paybacks. It will take a grassroots movement to overcome that. Call your congressperson and demand they support the Fair Tax. See fairtax.org for more information.
For text of this bill: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr25/text
Roy T Newsom
1007 Hidden Cove Trail
Granbury, Texas 76049