- Former Mayor Kim Wolfe Breaks Silence; Williams Takes Credit for Foundations Laid in Wolfe Administration
- DEVELOPING.... Proposed Council Action Likely Wound Increase Movie Ticket Costs for Adults and Children
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Barboursville Holds Christmas Parade; Santa, Elsa, Marching Bands IMAGES
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
Mayor to Recommend Police Chief Pay Reclassification for Outstanding Results
"We adjusted his pay grade from P26-A to P27-D," Williams said. Neither the Williams administration nor council has funded the adjustment at this time.
During the budget session, Williams explained that the Chief is being rewarded for outstanding results. "He has earned it," the Mayor said.The action is part of an executive city official retention plan that would eventually make their compensation more competitive with world market cities the size of Huntington. "We will bring council a revised professional salary schedule that will lift senior staff to competitive market positions. We need to attract and retain the best and the brightest. I'd put individuals sitting here with me (i.e. Brandi Jacobs-Jones, director of administration and finance; Deron Runyon, finance director; Skip Holbrook, police chief) against anybody in the world." Williams stressed that these revisions likely will include executive positions that pay more than the Mayor. Williams explained that when working as a banking executive most of his best brokers made more than himself.