- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for June 18, 2013
- Council Agenda Includes Labor Agreements
- "Oxylana" Shows Oceana Drowning in Oxycontin Use
- IRS Targeted Taxpayers for Personal Beliefs
- OP-ED: It's the Ownership
- CoreLogic: June MarketPulse Report Examines Potential for Housing Bubbles and Natural Hazard Risk
- Unsung Heroes Birthed West Virginia 150 Years Ago
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Island Girls': Nancy Thayer Brings Three Estranged Sisters Together for a Summer on Nantucket Island
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Language of Flowers': People We Want to Like Rebounding from Whatever Life Throws at Them
- Some Atomic Energy Workers Passed Effects of Radiation and Chemical Exposure to their Spouses and Children
WV Gas Prices Continue Slow & Steady Increase
Today’s national average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline is $3.782, 3.4 cents more expensive than one week ago, 43.5 cents more than one month ago and 9.4 cents more than the average price one year ago.
The recent surge in retail prices has been driven only somewhat by rising crude oil prices and instead has been the product of refinery maintenance and issues. This has subsequently meant less gasoline being produced and fewer supplies, which has squeezed prices higher.
This year’s refinery maintenance schedule and switch-over to summer-blend gasoline production appears to be more dramatic than recent years and is taking place earlier than in 2012.
Global demand continues to keep upward pressure on gas prices despite unremarkable domestic demand due to a still recovering economy, high unemployment and more fuel-efficient vehicles on the road. In particular, China (the second largest oil-consumer after the U.S.) saw crude oil demand hit a record high of 10.62 million barrels in January, which was up ten percent from the same month in 2012.
Today, drivers in three states and D.C. are paying more than $4.00 per gallon – Hawaii ($4.36), Calif. ($4.23), D.C. ($4.01) and N.Y. ($4.01).
This week’s average prices: West Virginia Average$ 3.875
Average price during the week of February 19, 2013$ 3.856
Average price during the week of February 28, 2012$ 3.803
Today’s National Average Price$ 3.782
The following is a list of the average price of unleaded self-serve gasoline in various areas:
AAA East Central is a not-for-profit association with 82 local offices in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, New York and Kentucky servicing 2.7 million members.