- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- Marshall Falls to Rice in Conference USA Football Championship
- Day Four: Johnson Returns To Head Table After Two-Year Absence
- Ellen Wilson First Spouse Gold Coin Available December 9
- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Devil's Son': WV Native's Novel Focuses on Cap Hatfield, Who Ended the Famous Feud Between the Hatfields and McCoys
- NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson Celebrates Sixth Title With Eye On A Seventh
- WSJ Wasteland Series Continues in Pennsylvania where Uranium Processing Site had "Birdcages"
Manchin rebuked by national gun rights organization
“The Brady registry is a fatally flawed system,” said National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR) Executive Vice President Dudley Brown. “Hundreds of thousands of law-abiding Americans, many of them veterans, have been permanently stripped of their gun rights on the whim of some federal bureaucrat.”
“Now Senator Joe Manchin is beating the drum to herd gun owners into this federal registration system,” said Brown. “Manchin wants to let Washington bureaucrats take away the Second Amendment rights of even more veterans and other Americans without trial if they seek mental health counseling.”
NAGR has launched a multi-media campaign, including TV, radio, direct mail and online efforts to expose Manchin’s support for Obama’s gun control package.
According to NAGR’s new television ad, Manchin has become the Senate’s loudest voice for this gun control legislation.
“Manchin says he’s speaking for the people of West Virginia,” said Brown. “Gun owners in the state need to know that their Senator is leading the charge for gun control.”
When recently asked by Politico if he would go so far as to ban guns or magazines, Manchin said “I can’t say yes or no.”
“This is just one more threadbare attempt to blame honest gun owners for the actions of criminals,” said Brown.
“The 2.4 million members and supporters of the National Association for Gun Rights are committed to defending honest Americans from a federal gun registry and the rest of President Obama and Joe Manchin’s gun ban agenda,” Brown said.
The National Association for Gun Rights is America’s fastest growing and most effective gun rights organization.