- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for June 18, 2013
- "Oxylana" Shows Oceana Drowning in Oxycontin Use
- IRS Targeted Taxpayers for Personal Beliefs
- Council Agenda Includes Labor Agreements
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Island Girls': Nancy Thayer Brings Three Estranged Sisters Together for a Summer on Nantucket Island
- OP-ED: It's the Ownership
- CoreLogic: June MarketPulse Report Examines Potential for Housing Bubbles and Natural Hazard Risk
- University announces hydroelectric demonstration and education project at Morris Creek Watershed
- Wild Ramp Hosts Mini Jersey Cow
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Language of Flowers': People We Want to Like Rebounding from Whatever Life Throws at Them
Leadership Tri State Accepting Applications
Leadership Tri-State’s program consists of eight monthly sessions from April through November. Each session is organized around a theme and is explored through speakers, discussions, field trips and other activities. Themes explored include government, law and justice, media, history, tourism, natural resources and agriculture. Holding sessions at different locations throughout the Tri-State is a key component of the program.
“This program is beneficial to current and aspiring business leaders in a number of ways. They learn more about our wonderful region and its resources. And they have the opportunity to develop meaningful, lasting relationships with other participants in their class,” says Sharon Walker, Leadership Tri-State executive director.
“Leadership Tri-State is a great tool for promoting the surrounding communities of Ironton, Ashland and Huntington as one area. The river is just a river and what is good for one of these cities is good for all of them,” said Walker.
Leadership Tri-State participants are selected from southern Ohio, eastern Kentucky and western West Virginia. Each participant must be dedicated to enthusiastic participation in the program and have a record of community involvement.
"Participating in Leadership Tri-State is the best way to learn about the many facets that make up our region. Through a diverse team of public and private entities, you'll learn to effectively utilize our community's strengths and toughen our biggest weaknesses," said Viviane Vallance, Associate Executive Director for Lawrence County Economic Development Corporation, who serves as Chairman of the Leadership Tri-State Advisory Board.
Once accepted into the program, each participant is billed a tuition fee of $695. The fee covers program costs as well as meal expenses for all eight sessions.
To receive an application, please contact Sharon Walker, Executive Director, at the Leadership Tri-State office by calling 740-523-0443 or by email at email@example.com . Applications must be received by March 18, 2013.
Leadership Tri-State is a Fund of the Foundation for the Tri-State Community (FTSC). FTSC is a community foundation serving eastern Kentucky, southern Ohio, and southwestern West Virginia, whose mission is to improve the quality of life in its community by encouraging, raising, administering and distributing gifts for charitable, cultural, educational and scientific purposes.