- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 2, 2015
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Feb. 27, 2015
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- Cabell Midland Downs Capitol High in Girls Basketball
Postcard Creative Art Project in WV
Drawing, painting, photography, collage, stories, poetry, songs—any sort of artwork or writing is welcome. West Virginia residents and visitors of all ages are invited to participate.
During the 2013 West Virginia State Folk Festival, held June 20-23 in Glenville, the postcards will be arranged in a fabulous public display of West Virginia’s thriving creative culture.
Later, the postcards will become traveling exhibits that will make their way around the state, appearing at art galleries, libraries, exhibit halls, college campuses, heritage centers, and government buildings.
Individuals can participate for a $5 donation. School, church, 4-H, senior citizen, and other groups can participate at a substantial discount. All proceeds from the project support West Virginia State Folk Festival activities, and your donation is tax deductible.
To participate, visit www.wvpostcardproject.blogspot.com or contact Melissa Gish, Assistant Professor of English at Glenville State College.