- Two more defendants sentenced for roles in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
- Huntington man sentenced on Federal oxycodone charge
- Many WV State Offices have Pre-Canadidacy Filings; Cabell Non-Partisan Judges too
- UPDATED: Wal Mart Shots Not Terror Related
- Coffee with a Cop Returns Dec. 2
- Marshall Assistant Coach Charged with DUI
- COLUMN: STEM Success in the Mountain State
- Attorney General Morrisey Warns of Credit and Debit Chip Card E-mail Scam
- Over the River….to Grandparent’s House We Go
- Man Arrives at Huntington Hospital Shot in Both Legs
Postcard Creative Art Project in WV
Drawing, painting, photography, collage, stories, poetry, songs—any sort of artwork or writing is welcome. West Virginia residents and visitors of all ages are invited to participate.
During the 2013 West Virginia State Folk Festival, held June 20-23 in Glenville, the postcards will be arranged in a fabulous public display of West Virginia’s thriving creative culture.
Later, the postcards will become traveling exhibits that will make their way around the state, appearing at art galleries, libraries, exhibit halls, college campuses, heritage centers, and government buildings.
Individuals can participate for a $5 donation. School, church, 4-H, senior citizen, and other groups can participate at a substantial discount. All proceeds from the project support West Virginia State Folk Festival activities, and your donation is tax deductible.
To participate, visit www.wvpostcardproject.blogspot.com or contact Melissa Gish, Assistant Professor of English at Glenville State College.