- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- Additive Manufacturing Class at RCBI offers Overview of 3D Printing
- Students Fueling Success of Cabell County Schools Farm to School Effort
- CD REVIEW: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Releases All-Sibelius Album Featuring Symphony No. 6 in D Minor, Symphony No. 7 in C Major and Tone Poem 'Tapiola'
- Rice to Host Marshall in 2013 Football Championship Game
- United States Mint Announces 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program Coin Designs
- REALTYTRAC: Foreclosure Auction Sales, Bank-Owned Sales Increase from Year Ago in October Even as Short Sales Decline
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
Postcard Creative Art Project in WV
Drawing, painting, photography, collage, stories, poetry, songs—any sort of artwork or writing is welcome. West Virginia residents and visitors of all ages are invited to participate.
During the 2013 West Virginia State Folk Festival, held June 20-23 in Glenville, the postcards will be arranged in a fabulous public display of West Virginia’s thriving creative culture.
Later, the postcards will become traveling exhibits that will make their way around the state, appearing at art galleries, libraries, exhibit halls, college campuses, heritage centers, and government buildings.
Individuals can participate for a $5 donation. School, church, 4-H, senior citizen, and other groups can participate at a substantial discount. All proceeds from the project support West Virginia State Folk Festival activities, and your donation is tax deductible.
To participate, visit www.wvpostcardproject.blogspot.com or contact Melissa Gish, Assistant Professor of English at Glenville State College.