- DuPont withholds crucial information regarding the proposed sale of Washington Works plant
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: St Kitts-Nevis election fiasco: Symptom of a bigger problem
- People should always be skeptical when evaluating weight-loss products
Postcard Creative Art Project in WV
Drawing, painting, photography, collage, stories, poetry, songs—any sort of artwork or writing is welcome. West Virginia residents and visitors of all ages are invited to participate.
During the 2013 West Virginia State Folk Festival, held June 20-23 in Glenville, the postcards will be arranged in a fabulous public display of West Virginia’s thriving creative culture.
Later, the postcards will become traveling exhibits that will make their way around the state, appearing at art galleries, libraries, exhibit halls, college campuses, heritage centers, and government buildings.
Individuals can participate for a $5 donation. School, church, 4-H, senior citizen, and other groups can participate at a substantial discount. All proceeds from the project support West Virginia State Folk Festival activities, and your donation is tax deductible.
To participate, visit www.wvpostcardproject.blogspot.com or contact Melissa Gish, Assistant Professor of English at Glenville State College.