- Forensic Science Graduate Program ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- Mayor, City Have Busy Event Schedule
- HPD Arrest Two for Burglary
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Remains Believed to be Missing Woman Found
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- OSHA issues call to action for West Virginia employers to supply water, rest and shade for workers in scorching heat
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- WV Hotdog Festival Saturday at Pullman Square
- W.Va. AG Warns Consumers of Government Grant Scam
Postcard Creative Art Project in WV
Drawing, painting, photography, collage, stories, poetry, songs—any sort of artwork or writing is welcome. West Virginia residents and visitors of all ages are invited to participate.
During the 2013 West Virginia State Folk Festival, held June 20-23 in Glenville, the postcards will be arranged in a fabulous public display of West Virginia’s thriving creative culture.
Later, the postcards will become traveling exhibits that will make their way around the state, appearing at art galleries, libraries, exhibit halls, college campuses, heritage centers, and government buildings.
Individuals can participate for a $5 donation. School, church, 4-H, senior citizen, and other groups can participate at a substantial discount. All proceeds from the project support West Virginia State Folk Festival activities, and your donation is tax deductible.
To participate, visit www.wvpostcardproject.blogspot.com or contact Melissa Gish, Assistant Professor of English at Glenville State College.