- Cruzin' Car Show on Third Avenue this Weekend
- Arts Center Alum John Wolfe Performs Saturday Night at the Joan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for May 23, 2013
- Council Removes Occupation Tax from Home Rule, Substitutes On the Spot Citations
- NOVA Calls for End of "American Centrifuge" Hoax
- OP-ED: Legacies of Empire: the Good, the bad and the ugly
- Huntington Car Show This Weekend
- WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
- EDITORIAL: IRS Scandal Shows Damage Done by Biased National Press
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Obsessed': TV Journalist Mika Brzezinski Reveals Her Secret Eating Disorder
Postcard Creative Art Project in WV
Drawing, painting, photography, collage, stories, poetry, songs—any sort of artwork or writing is welcome. West Virginia residents and visitors of all ages are invited to participate.
During the 2013 West Virginia State Folk Festival, held June 20-23 in Glenville, the postcards will be arranged in a fabulous public display of West Virginia’s thriving creative culture.
Later, the postcards will become traveling exhibits that will make their way around the state, appearing at art galleries, libraries, exhibit halls, college campuses, heritage centers, and government buildings.
Individuals can participate for a $5 donation. School, church, 4-H, senior citizen, and other groups can participate at a substantial discount. All proceeds from the project support West Virginia State Folk Festival activities, and your donation is tax deductible.
To participate, visit www.wvpostcardproject.blogspot.com or contact Melissa Gish, Assistant Professor of English at Glenville State College.