- Outgoing Councilman Tells People Stop Asking if You Can't Pay; Thacker: "Residents Don't Want to Leave City Due to Fees Either..."
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Task ForceSiezes Heroin, Crack, Cocaine from Hotel near Huntington
- Mayor Williams Deems Sanitary Repairs 'Catastrophic;" Thacker: "Find Money Tree, not Residents"
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Health care and policy leaders to gather in Huntington for conference on opioid epidemic
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Huntington Mom 'Accidentally' Shoots Son in Stomach During Struggle
- COMMENTARY: Sick Nuke Worker Demands Toxic Compensation Forum in Piketon
- Huntington Fire Chief Resigns; Effective BEFORE Council Finance Hearings on Next Year's Budget
HINTON NATIVE TAPPED: Obama Picks Foundation Chief Sylvia Mathews Burwell, Former Clinton Administration Economics Team Member to Head OMB
Burwell currently heads Wal-Mart's philanthropic efforts and was part of President Clinton's economic team, will replace Jeffrey Zients as director of OMB. She will bring gender diversity as well as corporate experience to Obama’s inner circle at a time of heated budget battles with Congress.
Burwell is president of the Walmart Foundation, having assumed that post in October, 2011, and was previously the president of the Global Development Program of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. While at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation her program focused on combating world poverty through agricultural development, financial services for the poor, and global libraries. She was Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director of the Foundation prior to its reorganization in 2006. She came to the Foundation in 2001, after serving as Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget in Washington, D.C., from 1998.
Burwell, a graduate of Hinton High School, Harvard University and Oxford University, where she was a Rhodes Scholar, would be only the second woman to hold the title of budget director, after Alice Rivlin, an economist now at the Brookings Institution, who held the job in the Clinton administration.
Washington Post Blog: six things to know about her: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/03/03/sylvia-mathews-burwell-six-things-to-know-about-the-new-white-house-budget-director/