- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 8, 2014
CENSUS BUREAU: Follow Our Economy Using the Census Bureau’s Mobile App
Week of March 4-8 — Manufacturers’ Shipments, Inventories and Orders for January 2013 (March 6); U.S. International Trade in Goods and Services for January 2013 (March 7); Quarterly Services for Fourth Quarter 2012 (March 7); Monthly Wholesale Trade: Sales and Inventories for January 2013 (March 8).
Week of March 11-15 — Advance Monthly Sales for Retail and Food Services for February 2013 (March 13); Manufacturing and Trade: Inventories and Sales for January 2013 (March 13).
Week of March 18-22 — New Residential Construction for February 2013 (March 19).
Week of March 25-29 — Quarterly Financial Report: Manufacturing, Mining, Wholesale Trade, and Selected Service Industries for Fourth Quarter 2012 (March 25); Quarterly Financial Report: Retail Trade for Fourth Quarter 2012 (March 25); New Residential Salesfor February 2013 (March 26); and Advance Report on Durable Goods: Manufacturers' Shipments, Inventories, and Orders for February 2013 (March 26).
In addition, the Commerce Department will release two indicators from the Bureau of Economic Analysis: the Gross Domestic Productfor Fourth Quarter 2012 (third estimate, March 28) and Personal Income and Outlays for February 2013 (March 29). The Commerce will also release a Bureau of Labor Statistics economic indicator, The Employment Situation for February 2013 (March 8).
All these indicators may be accessed through the Census Bureau’s free, easy-to-use mobile app, “America’s Economy,” available for download for both Apple and Android phones and tablets. The app provides real-time updates for 16 key economic indicators from the Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics and Bureau of Economic Analysis.