- Marshall Names Temple’s Chuck Heater as Defensive Coordinator
- Search for Missing Huntington Man Underway
- DEVELOPING...Gunman Dies After Shooting at Bar on Huntington's Fourth Avenue
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 12, 2013
- Huntington Hires Communications Director
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 11, 2013
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Report: Few Consumers File Arbitration Cases
- OP-ED: Masculinity Question Still Missing Post Newtown
- Highlawn Baptist Church, Various Items to Sell at Auction
- Marshall University Board approves 10-year Master Plan
Herd Hosts Golden Eagles on Senior Night
The game will be televised nationally on CBSSN with James Bates and Dan Bonner calling the action.
The Thundering Herd is 12-17 (5-9 Conference USA) following a 103-76 loss at Houston on Saturday. Junior forward Elijah Pittman, fresh off a 22-point performance against the Cougars, is averaging a team-best 15.9 points per game. DeAndre Kane is at 14.9 points per game while D.D. Scarver is averaging 12.2.
One season after averaging 10.2 points and 10.0 rebounds per game, Tinnon is putting up similar numbers this season. The senior forward is scoring 10.6 points per game and bringing down 9.3 rebounds per game. His double-double at Houston was his ninth of the season and the 21st of his career.
Southern Miss is 22-7 (11-3 C-USA) and has won four of its last five games including an 88-69 win over East Carolina on Saturday.
The Golden Eagles are led by junior forward Dwayne Davis who is averaging a team-high 14.5 points per game. Senior forward Jonathan Mills leads the team in rebounding with 7.3 per game and also averages 9.2 points per game.
Southern Miss leads C-USA in scoring margin (+12.4), field goal percentage (48.0), three-point percentage (38.7), rebounding margin (+6.9), steals (10.6) and turnover margin (+2.7).
Marshall leads the overall series 8-7. Southern Miss won the first meeting this season 102-46 in Hattiesburg. The Golden Eagles came to Huntington on senior day last season, a game that Marshall won 79-75.
Along with the telecast, the game can be heard on the radio throughout the Thundering Herd IMG Sports Network. It can be herd online with a paid subscription to Herd All-Access. Due to C-USA’s television contract with CBSSN, live video streaming of the game will not occur. Gametracker can be accessed through HerdZone.com. Follow @HerdZone on twitter for scoring updates in every game throughout the season.