- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
- Huntington Man Arrested for Crack Cocaine Delivery
- 2012 Honeywell Accident Sent Radiation to WV
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Glimpses of a Global Life': Longest Serving Secretary-General of the Commonwealth Survived a Helicopter Trip with Idi Amin as Pilot
- Huntington SWAT Team Nails Columbus Man on Drugs, Firearm Charges
Herd Hosts Golden Eagles on Senior Night
The game will be televised nationally on CBSSN with James Bates and Dan Bonner calling the action.
The Thundering Herd is 12-17 (5-9 Conference USA) following a 103-76 loss at Houston on Saturday. Junior forward Elijah Pittman, fresh off a 22-point performance against the Cougars, is averaging a team-best 15.9 points per game. DeAndre Kane is at 14.9 points per game while D.D. Scarver is averaging 12.2.
One season after averaging 10.2 points and 10.0 rebounds per game, Tinnon is putting up similar numbers this season. The senior forward is scoring 10.6 points per game and bringing down 9.3 rebounds per game. His double-double at Houston was his ninth of the season and the 21st of his career.
Southern Miss is 22-7 (11-3 C-USA) and has won four of its last five games including an 88-69 win over East Carolina on Saturday.
The Golden Eagles are led by junior forward Dwayne Davis who is averaging a team-high 14.5 points per game. Senior forward Jonathan Mills leads the team in rebounding with 7.3 per game and also averages 9.2 points per game.
Southern Miss leads C-USA in scoring margin (+12.4), field goal percentage (48.0), three-point percentage (38.7), rebounding margin (+6.9), steals (10.6) and turnover margin (+2.7).
Marshall leads the overall series 8-7. Southern Miss won the first meeting this season 102-46 in Hattiesburg. The Golden Eagles came to Huntington on senior day last season, a game that Marshall won 79-75.
Along with the telecast, the game can be heard on the radio throughout the Thundering Herd IMG Sports Network. It can be herd online with a paid subscription to Herd All-Access. Due to C-USA’s television contract with CBSSN, live video streaming of the game will not occur. Gametracker can be accessed through HerdZone.com. Follow @HerdZone on twitter for scoring updates in every game throughout the season.