- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- Three Arrestees Now Face Wanton Endangerment Charges for Whiskey Rocks Shooting Spree
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- Shaheen, LeMay will read from their work Oct. 6 at Marshall University
- FEMA Region III Promotes Action for America’s PrepareAthon
- IMAGES: Midland Tops H.H.S. 31-26
- Fiberglass Bison Unveiled at Pullman Square
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
Marshall Hosts "Night, Night" Event for Kids in Homeless Shelters
Project Night Night is a nonprofit organization that provides tote bags filled with specific comfort items for children in homeless shelters as well as other underprivileged children up to 10 years old. Each Night Night tote bag consists of a security (baby-sized) blanket, an age-appropriate book and a stuffed animal.
The Office of Community Engagement hosted a collections drive to gather items for the tote bags, and items will be accepted at Wednesday's event as well.
Tote bags will be presented to representative organizations that assist children and refreshments will be served at the event.
"Oftentimes children find themselves in transitional situations, through no fault of their own, and if somehow, some way we can provide comfort to them, then we will have met our goal," said Elizabeth Appell Sheets, coordinator of community engagement. "The response to our project has been great, and I am just excited to bring Project Night Night to the Huntington community. This event will show Marshall and the Huntington community that most of our students do want to give back to the community."
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-696-2285.