- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
- CITY BRIEFS: Thanksgiving Garbage Schedule; Free Christmas Parking Days
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
Marshall Hosts "Night, Night" Event for Kids in Homeless Shelters
Project Night Night is a nonprofit organization that provides tote bags filled with specific comfort items for children in homeless shelters as well as other underprivileged children up to 10 years old. Each Night Night tote bag consists of a security (baby-sized) blanket, an age-appropriate book and a stuffed animal.
The Office of Community Engagement hosted a collections drive to gather items for the tote bags, and items will be accepted at Wednesday's event as well.
Tote bags will be presented to representative organizations that assist children and refreshments will be served at the event.
"Oftentimes children find themselves in transitional situations, through no fault of their own, and if somehow, some way we can provide comfort to them, then we will have met our goal," said Elizabeth Appell Sheets, coordinator of community engagement. "The response to our project has been great, and I am just excited to bring Project Night Night to the Huntington community. This event will show Marshall and the Huntington community that most of our students do want to give back to the community."
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-696-2285.