- Marine Corps officers are first African Americans to earn M.A.degrees in leadership studies at Marshall while on active duty
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns Across the Border': Firsthand Account of Gunrunning Operations in Bush, Obama Administrations
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Continue Upward Trend
- Weekend Happenings in Downtown Huntington
- Yeager Scholars Chosen
- MILiTARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for May 22, 2013
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Gangster Squad': Secretive L.A.P.D. Unit Goes After Mobsters in Post WW II Los Angeles
- EDITORIAL: IRS Scandal Shows Damage Done by Biased National Press
- New Urbanism Architect Andres Duany to Address NAREE Conference
- MTV's "Buckwild" Denied Filmed in WV Tax Credits Due to Stereotypical Characters
Marshall to Face Tulane in First Round Wednesday
It will be the third time the Thundering Herd (13-18, 6-10 C-USA) and the Green Wave (18-13, 6-10) will meet in the C-USA Championships, the last two meetings also coming in the 8-9 game. In 2006 it was No. 8 seed Tulane beating No. 9 seed Marshall 64-58 in the first round. In 2008 it was No. 9 seed Tulane defeating No. 8 seed Marshall 48-47.
It will be a rematch of a meeting on Feb. 6 when Tulane beat Marshall 91-75 in New Orleans.
The Herd leads the all-time series with the Green Wave 8-6.
The winner will play No. 1 seed Memphis on Thursday at 7 p.m. ET.
All first round games will be broadcast on the C-USA Digital Network. The quarterfinals and semifinals will be shown on CBSSN with the championship game on Saturday shown on CBS.