- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Wild Life Invading Fukushima from Radioactive Forest
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Marshall University researchers receive U.S. patent to treat one of world’s major health issues
- Mayor Williams Asks Rader be Appointed Fire Chief
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- Creating a Better Connection Between Huntington and Downtown
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Spring International Film Festival at Keith Albee Performing Arts Center - March 2-5
Marshall Heads to Florida for Spring Break
The Stetson Hatters have only faced Marshall three times (2002, 2004, 2010). The Hatters hold a 2-1 advantage over the Herd, and this will be the first time the teams match up in non-tournament play.
In two out of the three games played against Stetson, a single run was the determining factor of the outcome for Marshall (L, 2-1, L, 7-3, W, 3-2).
The Knights on the other hand are a conference opponent for the Herd. The last three meetings between the two teams have resulted in three-game sweeps. In 2012, Marshall beat UCF in three shutout victories (5-0, 4-0, 1-0).
As a team, the Herd has set top five Marshall records against the Knights with 18 hits (2006), 27 total bases (2006), four sacrifice hits (2007), 10.0 innings pitched (2012) and 30 putouts (2012).
The Herd is entering the week with a four-game winning streak that includes a three-game sweep of Southern Miss, which had never been done in Marshall C-USA history.
The week was a success for senior Alysia Hively, who won C-USA Hitter of the Week for her outstanding performance. She will enter the week coming off a .417 batting average, six RBIs, 12 total bases and two game-changing home runs. Freshmen Raquel Escareno and Kaelynn Greene were also notably impressive this past week. Escareno hit .625 with a home run and nine total bases with a 1.125 slugging percentage, while Greene hit .533 with five stolen bases and five runs scored.
Overall, senior Ashley Gue leads the team with a .347 batting average, 16 stolen bases, 26 hits and 16 stolen bases. Teammate, senior Andi Williamson received all four wins in the past week and now holds a 14-11 record on the season with a whopping 192 strikeouts.
Stetson will face the Herd after losing three-straight to Atlantic Sun Conference competitor Florida Gulf Coast University. Four Hatters are hitting in the .300 range, led by Chrissy Morello with .364. As a team, they have 23 home runs and 36 doubles on the season. Stetson’s pitching staff has a combined 116 strikeouts on the season and a 3.40 ERA.
UCF dropped to Houston, 2-1, in conference play last weekend. Maddy Schroeder is the only Knight to have started all of UCF’s 30 games and has a .318 average on the season. The team has 74 stolen bases, 24 of which belong to Kahley Novak.