- OP-ED: Lee Kuan-Yew’s Caribbean rescue in the Commonwealth
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Silk Scarves, Hyland Bicycles and Fenders, and Other Product Recalls
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: US and Venezuela: Don’t fan the flames, put out the fire
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Confederate Memorial Day in the South
- OP-ED: On 'Real Women': Don't Hate Me -- It's Genetic
- Stat Steps Defined Herd Basketball
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
Boating Serious Recreation, You Must be Careful
Since the Fire Department has a rescue vehicle, a proper fitting life jacket will keep an overboard victim afloat until help arrives.
One proactive method of getting your boat ship shape involves an interactive U.S. Coast Guard "test." Among items to check out fire extinguishers, ventilation, distress signals, bell, registration and floatation devices.