- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- Water Damage Severe inside Morris Building Apartment
- WV Attorney General Sues over Obamacare
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- Former Morris Occupant Reveals “in the Kitchen You Can See the Sky…”
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Council Passes Highlawn Zoning, Clears Charter Votes for Second Reading
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Huntington Skateboard Park Exceeds Fund Raising Goals, Phase I Open by December 31
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, 13 State Attorneys General Obtain About $92 Million in Debt Relief for Servicemembers Harmed by Predatory Lending Scheme
Tricon Guest Schedule for BSSA on April 6
This year’s guests of writers and artists include Robert Venditti (XO Manowar), Duane Swierczynski (Judge Dredd) and Daryll Banks, Billy Tucci (Sgt Rock) , Steve Scott (Batman Confidential), Beau Smith (Spawn) and Tommy Patterson. Two favorite walkers i.e. zombies will also join the line up.
WV State University professor and film maker, Danny Boyd will be one of those exhibiting at the event.
The panel lineup for the Big Sandy Superstore Arena has been announced.
MOTHMAN 11:00 AM
Using his fifteen years of research into the Mothman phenomena, Chad Lambert has written such comic titles as Return to Point Pleasant. Chad has also appeared in the documentary, Eyes of the Mothman, and will be on the Discovery Channel special, Monsters of West Virginia
THE ART OF ART 12:15 PM
A group of hand-selected artists give their input on comics. The guests are Kevin Steward, Marc Lewis, L. Jason Queen & Justin Stewart
TALKING WITH A WALKER 1:30 PM
Warning: Spoiler Alert for The Walking Dead
Kevin Galbraith had the rare opportunity to be one of the main walkers in season two of The Walking Dead. Kevin will forever go down in TWD lore as the swamp walker (a.k.a. Dale Slayer after he killed main character Dale in the second season). This panel gives you an opportunity at a Q&A about his experience on the set and all the ins-and-outs of his career and time on TWD.
WRITING THE RELAUNCH 2:45 PM
Robert Venditti started as volunteer in the mail room before his book, "The Surrogates," took off and and eventually became a major motion picture starring Bruce Willis. Since then he has been named to the New York Best Seller List three times. Duane Swierczynski has wrote a plethora of amazing runs on popular titles including Cable, Immortal Iron Fist, Birds of Prey, Bloodshot and the recent release of Judge Dredd. Stop in and listen to the new faces of Valiant as they talk about their careers and the amazing titles that are re-launching an entire label.
CHARITY AUCTION 4:00 PM
Charity Auction will take great some of the best selections from the comics industry, our guests and our exhibitors, and will auction them for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. CBLDF is a non-pro organization dedicated to protecting the First Amendment rights of the comics medium. Their work takes them into courtrooms, classrooms, conventions and libraries all over the United States where they provide legal aid, education, and advocacy to protect the First Amendment rights of the readers, creators, retailers, publishers, and librarians of comics, manga, and graphic novels.
COSTUME CONTEST 5:00 PM
CosPlay at its finest with four local personalities judging the creativity.
For a look at some of the images from last year, check out: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/35303 and