- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Sanitary Board Forwards 57% Operational, Maintenance Increase to Council; New Council will Decide on Increases for $75 Million Infrastructure
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Outgoing Councilman Tells People Stop Asking if You Can't Pay; Thacker: "Residents Don't Want to Leave City Due to Fees Either..."
- BREAKING.... Eastham Put on Leave; First Female Fire Chief Sworn In
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- DEVELOPING... Council to hear Sanitary, Cable Proposals; Raise Issue Statutatory, not a Request by Mayor
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
STEM educator to give keynote at Ivy Academy II
More than 85 area young women in grades 8-12 have registered to attend the conference, which focuses on leadership and self-esteem for girls.
The day’s activities will begin at 9a.m. with a university information fair, followed by interactive workshops. Adams’ keynote address will take place at the event luncheon, and the day’s events are expected to conclude by 1:30 p.m.
Adams is the department head and professor of engineering education at Virginia Tech University, and is also a motivational speaker/consultant for STEM education. She has worked with a number of colleges and universities, government agencies and nonprofit organizations on topics related to graduate education, mentoring, faculty development and diversifying STEM. Adams is an honor graduate of North Carolina A&T State University, where she earned her B.S. in Mechanical Engineering in 1988. In 1991, she was awarded the Master of Engineering degree in Systems Engineering from the University of Virginia. She received her Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Engineering from TexasA&M University in 1998.
The Ivy Academy is sponsored by Fifth Third Bank, and will be hosted by Marshall University Multicultural Affairs in collaboration with Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.