- Huntington Police Arrest Four Involved in Heoin Investigation
- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- Huntington man first sentenced for role in drug ring; Over $180,000 Forfeited
- Marshall’s Leper of Pickens documentary film to be featured in WV FILMmakers Festival Oct. 1
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- EEOC Releases New Online Resource Center
- Justice Department Settles with Salt Lake City-Area Apartment Complexes to Resolve Allegations of Discrimination Against Individuals with Disabilities
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Heroin dealer residing near Marshall University sentenced to federal prison for drug crime
STEM educator to give keynote at Ivy Academy II
More than 85 area young women in grades 8-12 have registered to attend the conference, which focuses on leadership and self-esteem for girls.
The day’s activities will begin at 9a.m. with a university information fair, followed by interactive workshops. Adams’ keynote address will take place at the event luncheon, and the day’s events are expected to conclude by 1:30 p.m.
Adams is the department head and professor of engineering education at Virginia Tech University, and is also a motivational speaker/consultant for STEM education. She has worked with a number of colleges and universities, government agencies and nonprofit organizations on topics related to graduate education, mentoring, faculty development and diversifying STEM. Adams is an honor graduate of North Carolina A&T State University, where she earned her B.S. in Mechanical Engineering in 1988. In 1991, she was awarded the Master of Engineering degree in Systems Engineering from the University of Virginia. She received her Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Engineering from TexasA&M University in 1998.
The Ivy Academy is sponsored by Fifth Third Bank, and will be hosted by Marshall University Multicultural Affairs in collaboration with Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.