- Former Employees Testified Radiation Hazards Near former Huntington Nuclear Weapons Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 21, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Council Announces Meeting Agenda
- Huntington Gets Ready to Regatta
- OP-ED: Three-fifths of an Attorney General Declares POWs 'Non-Persons'
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- Sen. Manchin, Gov. Tomblin announce additional scientific testing and monitoring of chemicals spilled in Kanawha Valley
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Charleston's Call for Mural Artists
In the words of the RFP:
"The proposed public arts murals shall be applied to the interstate support piers on both sides of Virginia Street. The artwork on the 12 piers must be applied to the entire circumference of the piers starting 2 feet above the ground and ending 12 feet above the ground.
The main requirement of the installation is that each pier must celebrate West Virginia’s Sesquicentennial, our 150th birthday.
- Charleston’s and West Virginia’s role in the Civil War
- Western Virginia’s representation as outlined in the Virginia Constitution
- Western Virginia delegates to the Richmond Convention
- The election of President Abraham Lincoln and his call for volunteers to put down the rebellion
- Personal stories of West Virginia’s Statehood Leaders and members of the first West Virginia legislature
- West Virginia’s Union Militia
- African American Soldiers from West Virginia
- Locations/sites of significant civil war/sesquicentennial events