- Major Economic Development Announcement for Huntington
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- DEVELOPING... Cincinnati TV Station Reports 30 OD's in One Day
- Record Numbers of Female Vets Strain System
- Third meth mule pleads guilty for role in California-to-West Virginia drug conspiracy
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Marshall rolls out active shooter training for faculty, staff and students
- Why Are We Still Wasting Billions on Homeland Security Projects That Don’t Make Us Safer?
- General Counsel at West Virginia Department of Administration Selected as CSG Toll Fellow
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
Charleston's Call for Mural Artists
In the words of the RFP:
"The proposed public arts murals shall be applied to the interstate support piers on both sides of Virginia Street. The artwork on the 12 piers must be applied to the entire circumference of the piers starting 2 feet above the ground and ending 12 feet above the ground.
The main requirement of the installation is that each pier must celebrate West Virginia’s Sesquicentennial, our 150th birthday.
- Charleston’s and West Virginia’s role in the Civil War
- Western Virginia’s representation as outlined in the Virginia Constitution
- Western Virginia delegates to the Richmond Convention
- The election of President Abraham Lincoln and his call for volunteers to put down the rebellion
- Personal stories of West Virginia’s Statehood Leaders and members of the first West Virginia legislature
- West Virginia’s Union Militia
- African American Soldiers from West Virginia
- Locations/sites of significant civil war/sesquicentennial events