- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- Penguins Come Out for Turkey Holiday; Hunger Likely Boxoffice Winner
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 26, 2014
- Council OK's Four Huntington Fire Department Grant Aps
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Remain Low Heading Into Holiday Weekend
- Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Brings His 2014 Murphy and Motown Christmas Tour to Huntington WV
Rahall Statement on Death of Mingo Sheriff Crum
“Today, our hearts go out to Sheriff Crum’s wife, Rosie, his entire family, the staff of the Mingo County Sheriff’s Department, and his countless friends all across the area. Dedicated law enforcement officers throughout our Nation mourn the loss of one of their own.
Though Sheriff Crum had just begun his term, he was not new to the cause of justice, and, from day one as Sheriff, he hit the ground running with vigor and determination. Eugene’s dedication to fairness and a full measure of justice for all is well known. Every law-abiding citizen demands justice for this tragedy that has shaken our sense of decency, but not our resolve, to maintain law and order. In the coming days, I ask that we continue to remember Rosie and her family in our thoughts and prayers.”